Science Forums

Chi Energy

srd

Hi,

I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week. It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. This usually results in them taking a sudden intake of breath, or suddenly coughing. It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy.

So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have only found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me.

This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi, SRD, and welcome to hypography! :)

I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week. It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person.

This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

You’re premature, I think, in your conclusion that what you’re describing can’t be explained rationally and scientifically.

As with any subjective experience – one in which you are not performing measurements with instruments that others can see and use to replicate your phenomenon, but reporting your thoughts and feelings – the science required is that of the senses and mind, broadly, psychology.

Physiologically, we have a fairly complete low-resolution (the body as a whole), and a growing high-resolution (its microscopic parts) understanding of the mechanical work (in physics, work and energy are nearly synonyms, sharing the same unit, in SI, the Joule) done by the body. The body is essentially a chemical engine, similar to a fire. It ingests food containing substances with energy (the potential to do work), chemically converts it to molecules the cells can use, then uses them via very specific processes, some using oxygen (aerobic) some not (anaerobic).

The only way one can take this kind of energy from other people is to eat their flesh, blood, or other parts, which is not what you’re describing.

If the air is cooler than your body, it must do some work (use some energy) to maintain its temperature. Anything that heats the body reduces the amount of its chemical (food) energy it must use, so can be considered “taking” energy. Thus if you skin and extremities are cold, it’s possible to take some energy from a person with warm extremities, though compared to the amount of energy gained from food, this, or heat from other sources, such as sunlight, is small.

When we speak of chi energy (with which most folk who have practiced punching and kicking much are pretty familiar), “energy” doesn’t refer to actual physical energy, but to a component of a meditative technique. People with sound understandings of physics and biology know, when they harness chi, they’re not really drawing from a stream of physical energy, as the ancient people who invented the term once believed, but using traditional meditation to better coordinate the body to hit, kick, or whatever, more effectively, or simply to feel stronger and healthier.

What you’re describing, SRD, is, I’m fairly certain, a case of “energy” of this meaning. Were you and the other person placed in separate insulated rooms, the energy you feel you are taking from him would not be detected – you’d output as heat no more than the food energy you consume.

In short, this energy is metaphorical. As with the physical instantiation of any metaphor, it the result of a process occurring in your brain.

It’s important, in science, not to confuse useful metaphors with physically real phenomena the metaphors describe. This is an easy trap to fall into.

• 3 weeks later...

what you are describing is a type of pranic vampirism. you are not far off in describing it as chi being as they run off of the same concepts.

prana is an energy in the blood ( maybe you have heard of psivampires?) it is the energy that chi kung is derived from. or rather it is the carrier engine that allows it to travel. now there are pools of energy all across the body known as chakras and many debate on where they are and how many of them there are. but undebatedly there are 4 seperate ones; the third eye the throat the solarplexus and the stomache. now these pools hold what is known as chi kung or chi for short ( or ki and several other names depending on religous beliefs and cultural history.) and that chi is your connection to the living world of energy and the spirit world. this energy is in everything....EVERYTHING, but more so in living organisms. now usually it is the root chakra that is the vampiric one but on rare occasions a chakra can reverse itself and draw energy from other things instead of emitting it. the reason that it causes someone to cough or sneeze is because you cause a flow of energy and it causes a higher output so u can recieve more. these are moments of high energy emitions from a being and you are simply able to catch a sum of it and your chakra converts it into what it needs___prana. most bullcrap that u see about energy vamps is crap but it actually is a valid way to describe what you are experiencing.

In my experience, the Chi energy appears to be connected to nerve activity and sensory nerves. In Kundulini yoga, the spine is symbolized by the serpent with its energy having seven centers, which moves up and down the spine. This suggested to me, nerve connections, with the sensory awareness of each center due to feedback from sensory nerves. The lowest center begins at the base of the spine while the seventh center is at the top of the head and is often symbolized by a halo.

Going from bottom up, the lowest center is connected to the genitals. The next is associated with the spleen, then the naval, then the heart, the throat, the mind's eye or the frontal lobe, and finally the top of the head. The halo may imply the entire brain.

When I was younger and more sensitive, I could use my hand to feel the centers in others. I assumed it was a nerve induction effect, via moving nerve charge in anther, setting up a magnetic field. This t magnetic field would induce a small current in my hand, which I could feel via sensory induction in my hand. Depending on which center I would feel the most induction, I could sort of infer where the person was at. But there was also a way to use my hand to trigger a center with reverse induction. I would only use this on my girlfriend as a way to spice things up. I retrospect, this would have been a way to give science some first hand data simply by inducing centers in them.

The way I learned to induce the awareness of the centers was with a meditation technique. You lie quietly and inhale deeply. Upon inhaling you visualize the chi energy entering a center. Upon exhale, visualize the energy going up the spine and out the top of your head. You work your way up the centers starting at the bottom to the top and then repeat seven times. I did this for a few months but had to stop because it began to create some very odd special effects, as the energy felt like was flowing out the top like a fountain. The most intense special effect appeared to make my body feel like it had expanded until it felt like I filled the room. I feared leaving the body because I wasn't sure how to get back if the chi projected. Whether that was going to happen or not in reality, it felt that way.

A forbidden technique does the meditation in the opposite way, starting from top to bottom, with the exhale energy flowing downward. I did not try it this way, because it was suppose to be regressive to the chi causing the chi energy to become more primal. Bottom to top was the light side of the chi. My theory was each techniques activates different brain firmware, which then induce their special effects. The light chi was unsettling enough when the firmware got primed, so I switch to collective psychology to seek rational explanations.

In my experience, the Chi energy appears to be connected to nerve activity and sensory nerves. In Kundulini yoga, the spine is symbolized by the serpent with its energy having seven centers, which moves up and down the spine. This suggested to me, nerve connections, with the sensory awareness of each center due to feedback from sensory nerves. The lowest center begins at the base of the spine while the seventh center is at the top of the head and is often symbolized by a halo.

Going from bottom up, the lowest center is connected to the genitals. The next is associated with the spleen, then the naval, then the heart, the throat, the mind's eye or the frontal lobe, and finally the top of the head. The halo may imply the entire brain.

When I was younger and more sensitive, I could use my hand to feel the centers in others. I assumed it was a nerve induction effect, via moving nerve charge in anther, setting up a magnetic field. This t magnetic field would induce a small current in my hand, which I could feel via sensory induction in my hand. Depending on which center I would feel the most induction, I could sort of infer where the person was at. But there was also a way to use my hand to trigger a center with reverse induction. I would only use this on my girlfriend as a way to spice things up. I retrospect, this would have been a way to give science some first hand data simply by inducing centers in them.

The way I learned to induce the awareness of the centers was with a meditation technique. You lie quietly and inhale deeply. Upon inhaling you visualize the chi energy entering a center. Upon exhale, visualize the energy going up the spine and out the top of your head. You work your way up the centers starting at the bottom to the top and then repeat seven times. I did this for a few months but had to stop because it began to create some very odd special effects, as the energy felt like was flowing out the top like a fountain. The most intense special effect appeared to make my body feel like it had expanded until it felt like I filled the room. I feared leaving the body because I wasn't sure how to get back if the chi projected. Whether that was going to happen or not in reality, it felt that way.

A forbidden technique does the meditation in the opposite way, starting from top to bottom, with the exhale energy flowing downward. I did not try it this way, because it was suppose to be regressive to the chi causing the chi energy to become more primal. Bottom to top was the light side of the chi. My theory was each techniques activates different brain firmware, which then induce their special effects. The light chi was unsettling enough when the firmware got primed, so I switch to collective psychology to seek rational explanations.

Is there any physical measurement of this energy? If so, what is the metric (ergs, watts, Horse Power, weight, pressure, etc.?

Is it possible that there are alternative hypotheses to explain your experiences? One example might be an expectation bias resulting from previous statements about loci for the energy.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week. It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. This usually results in them taking a sudden intake of breath, or suddenly coughing. It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy.

So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have onaly found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

I think the reason you are getting this is because there is most people who don't do things much, so when they do, do something, they barely run out of energy. So people know how to build it up for one thing, and that one thing is for making people lose there breathe, (etc.) Or, you might have a disease that blocks up your what makes you lazy enough to sit all day and then, let it unleash

here is a link: TTP://Hwww.energymedicineflorida.com/blog/blocked-energy-disease/

• 4 months later...

Is there any physical measurement of this energy? If so, what is the metric (ergs, watts, Horse Power, weight, pressure, etc.?

Is it possible that there are alternative hypotheses to explain your experiences? One example might be an expectation bias resulting from previous statements about loci for the energy.

Of the tests done to search for this energy in real quantifiable terms has not found any (quantifiable/measurable).

maddog