Science Forums

In Reference To The Advance Of Civilisation..

clapstyx

In reference to the advance of civilisation does it make sense to put common sense on the ascendancy and sustain that ascendancy? I am saying that yes it is. Whilst we have made some advances at a scientific discovery level in recent years those advances havent been matched with shifts in the level of common sense. Indeed there appears to be a popular conception that common sense is actually in a decline phase. If civilisation is to advance without error in reference to the new potentialities created by the scientific community we must also develop a strategy for putting common sense on the ascendancy otherwise, as a civilisation, we end up in a situation where scientific development accelerates and common sense relative to that is in decline.

I am not aware of any strategies yet for advancing the integrity of common sense to keep up with the changing of the times and the reality that we exist in. One example that springs to mind where the divergency could become relevent is in the area of particle acceleration in the sense that yes we might work out how to replicate the big bang but does it make sense to actually pursue to do something like that. Genetic modification is another obvious example where it is now possible to create new creatures but would they be beneficial or detrimental to a symbiotic ecosystem. I think of nature as a civilisation organised organised around a symbiotic concept so if I was to hypothetically represent that organisation I would say it is a bad move to introduce scientifically manufactured species without understanding every degree of how when and why they could influence the life cycle completion strategies of other species. Its just common sense that you dont mess with something until you have a clear purpose in mind that is entirely free from the all expectancy of a negative potentiality when it comes to something as important as the planet Earth.

In reference to the advance of civilisation does it make sense to put common sense on the ascendancy and sustain that ascendancy? I am saying that yes it is. Whilst we have made some advances at a scientific discovery level in recent years those advances havent been matched with shifts in the level of common sense. Indeed there appears to be a popular conception that common sense is actually in a decline phase. If civilisation is to advance without error in reference to the new potentialities created by the scientific community we must also develop a strategy for putting common sense on the ascendancy otherwise, as a civilisation, we end up in a situation where scientific development accelerates and common sense relative to that is in decline.

I am not aware of any strategies yet for advancing the integrity of common sense to keep up with the changing of the times and the reality that we exist in. One example that springs to mind where the divergency could become relevent is in the area of particle acceleration in the sense that yes we might work out how to replicate the big bang but does it make sense to actually pursue to do something like that. Genetic modification is another obvious example where it is now possible to create new creatures but would they be beneficial or detrimental to a symbiotic ecosystem. I think of nature as a civilisation organised organised around a symbiotic concept so if I was to hypothetically represent that organisation I would say it is a bad move to introduce scientifically manufactured species without understanding every degree of how when and why they could influence the life cycle completion strategies of other species. Its just common sense that you dont mess with something until you have a clear purpose in mind that is entirely free from the all expectancy of a negative potentiality when it comes to something as important as the planet Earth.

I would not use wording "advance of civilisation" in this context, it might be better to use either "direction of evolvement of civilisation" or "evolvement towards more complex civilisations" instead, due we actually do not know are these civilisation evolvements considered as "advancing" if we classify the word advancing as positive term/interpretation?