Science Forums

Indigo Children Just Evolution

hummingbird

You hear about them and people start to think their child is of supernatural phenomena, but I doubt it. There is nothing supernatural about the humans abilities and evolution maybe just what is happening. Yep, I believe that our children are actually getting smarter, but I can not say our schools are doing to well at handling this.

Indigo Children Wikipedi

My child was in the gifted program, now there is only honor roll and Tech Academy. The only thing of progress is first step that allows children in High School to start earlie on college courses.

Even though she gifted, I am not and its very hard to answer questions you don't know the answers to.... any suggestions?

I don't want to hold my child back or fill her head with nonsense.

You hear about them and people start to think their child is of supernatural phenomena, but I doubt it. There is nothing supernatural about the humans abilities and evolution maybe just what is happening. Yep, I believe that our children are actually getting smarter, but I can not say our schools are doing to well at handling this.

Indigo Children Wikipedi

My child was in the gifted program, now there is only honor roll and Tech Academy. The only thing of progress is first step that allows children in High School to start earlie on college courses.

Even though she gifted, I am not and its very hard to answer questions you don't know the answers to.... any suggestions?

I don't want to hold my child back or fill her head with nonsense.

The first line of that wiki link pretty much says it all,

Indigo children is a pseudo-scientific label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities.

If you want to avoid filling her head with nonsense then forget the indigo nonsense. it's just new age pseudo science babble and has no basis in fact what so ever...

The first line of that wiki link pretty much says it all,

If you want to avoid filling her head with nonsense then forget the indigo nonsense. it's just new age pseudo science babble and has no basis in fact what so ever...

Yes, well what do you think about it being a sign of our evolution? I mean there is alot of children being born this day in age with intelligence far from the norm. So reguardless of the name they gave it it was noticed and so is this a sign of our evolution? I know I'm repeating here but just want to make sure getting the actual question out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, well what do you think about it being a sign of our evolution? I mean there is alot of children being born this day in age with intelligence far from the norm.
Evolution works by natural selection.

If you can't answer her questions, study her schoolbooks, work on her homework with her. If you find that difficult, you either get a competent tutor or can't help her and can only let teachers do their job.

Yes, well what do you think about it being a sign of our evolution? I mean there is alot of children being born this day in age with intelligence far from the norm. So reguardless of the name they gave it it was noticed and so is this a sign of our evolution? I know I'm repeating here but just want to make sure getting the actual question out there.

Sign of our evolution? I'm not sure I understand what you mean, it could be a sign of some variation but for it to be evolution it would have to be possible for it to be passed down via reproduction and not simply be an expression of traits we already have wouldn't it?

Gifted children may have always been the case, but it was less obvious in the past, since most children did not have the means available to nurture its expression. It would be hard for someone who is a natural at computers, to become a computer whiz without a computer. If their life situation provided a hammer instead, maybe they would become a good carpenter. At that point, the same person may not look quite as gifted, since the hammer was never their gift. If you were working 12 hours per day on the farm, there is little time to practice the violin, which you don't even have and may never have. If we simply gave him a violin and time to play, now he seems more talented.

There have always been gifted individuals in the present and the past. Leonardo da Vinci, Einstein, Planck, Michaelangelo, etc. If you want to help your child, do the best to give him or her all the opportunities you can and realize the ones yet unseen. There are more children born to more people in a time when many people have better education, better diets, and better living standards than ages past, and thus better opportunities for more bright children to realize their potential.