Science Forums

Theory of Infinity (defined)

Guest liliangrn

Guest liliangrn

Hi Penny,

You've got me rather curious as to what you are talking about. An explanation to any universal unknowns is an exceptional claim. My theory never claimed to do anything like that.

Can you give me an idea of when we can expect to hear more about it?

Josephine

our theory cannot be disproven and it solves any universal unknowns.

This is an outrageous claim. Please back it up with some kind of proof.

Then again, it's good joke - a theory that solves any universal unknowns. (Otherwise known as religion). ;)

Guest liliangrn

Hey Tormod (Sorry about the miss- spelling I'm a bit dyslexic at times)

This is a question for you or anyone else:

At what exact moment can you calculate that physics will kill your imagination?

I would just like to know so I can feel it kick in.

I'm just kidding.

Seriously, though, perhaps the claim is a little overstated. Aren't you a little curious?

Well I am.

Josephine ;)

Guest liliangrn

Look Tormod,

Penny's 19. Penny and her friend collaborated on a theory that (she claims) explains any unknowns. We do not even know what the theories are and already you are asking for proof (You are unbelievably laughable). Whether it proves anything, at all, has already been made up in your mind.

Science is definately not about killing a persons passion to think. There is absolutely no need to be rude about it. I personally welcome Penny and would love to hear her theories. That is if she would be willing to share them with us.

I mean, come on Tormod, did you have such a theory at that age?

I'd certainly bet you didn't.

Josephine

Penny and her friend collaborated on a theory that (she claims) explains any unknowns.

Yes. Which is an impossibility. No theory can explain "any unknowns". That was in fact proven by Goedel with his Incompleteness theorem in 1931.

We do not even know what the theories are and already you are asking for proof

She has posted 1 post which made an extraordinary claim. That requires extraordinary proof. If you wonder what scientific proof is I welcome you to search our forums for discussions about it.

Asking for proof is one of the most important parts of science, and one of the most basic things everyone should do. Nothing is a theory if it doesn't stand up to scrutiny - by using the scientific method of testing and falsification.

You might want to read our FAQ:

http://hypography.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Especially point 1) under "How should I behave?".

(You are unbelievably laughable).

Thank you very much. Do you know who I am? Thought not.

Whether it proves anything, at all, has already been made up in your mind.

And you know this how?

Science is definately not about killing a persons passion to think. There is absolutely no need to be rude about it. I personally welcome Penny and would love to hear her theories. That is if she would be willing to share them with us.

I would also love to hear her theories before I get all exited about it. I was not rude - I was commenting on the fact that there is nothing to comment upon, which you did not seem to realize.

I mean, come on Tormod, did you have such a theory at that age?

I'd certainly bet you didn't.

I fail to see how this has any bearing on the issue. But I did read Carl Sagan's Cosmos at the age of 12, if it has any interest to you.

No theory can explain "any unknowns". That was in fact proven by Goedel with his Incompleteness theorem in 1931.
Excellent point, it hadn't even crossed my mind!!!

If you rake number theory into your formal system, you can construct a proposition that can't be proven true or false; if you add an axiom so that it can, another such proposition can be constructed; if you add yet another axiom, yet another proposition...................................... ;)

Guest liliangrn

Have your group.

DictaTOR/MODerator.

I hear the rumbles of thunder clouds in the distance. It doesn't take a genious to run a forum on the internet. I just found out about the internet this morning. Gee..it's all moving too fast for me.

It's been nice meeting everyone.