Science Forums

Questions about establishing a government

Queso

___Rather than find & try to buy an island, I suggest building one. I have thought a lot about having a giant modular floating city/state which because it is in no ones territorial water does not defer to any government but its own.

___Solar power, wind power, farming, fishing, living free & fair by the best of my(our) own means. Sign me up Orby! I even did some calculations once on the bouyancy of a 20 foot concrete sphere with 3 inch thick walls. I don't have it anymore, but it was very floaty. I planned to hook four together so they were the vertices of a tetrahedron & have one flooded to stay submerged & balance the whole thing. Then just add more when more friendly folks want to live there too.

___As to the government, I thought a constitutional monarchy with myself as first King.

turtle that's brilliant! that would still be expensive, but not NEARLY as pricey as TEN MILLION. wow that is so ridiculous. that is something you should seriously pursue. and someday (not to steal your idea) i think building one will be a much greater idea.

but what about waves? :)

___Well, we would just bob around on the waves & use large gyroscopes/flywheels to store our power & stabalize the motion. Perhaps flexible connections between the spheres.

___On stealing my idea, well I give it freely. I long ago gave up any thought or interest in profitting from my inventions. If you put this together, or someone else, I would only be honored that someone found my musings practicable.

• 2 weeks later...

___You all can have your own experimental floating acreage! Big, elepahant, little elephants, dinoaurs...the whole lot! It might actually have more stability if each concrete turtle float is enormous, like a small island itself, with them all tethered together like a collection of atols. No reason we couldn't traverse the world either, staying in international waters. A sovereign country with no fixed location! ;)