Science Forums

Too tall for forums?

2tall

This forum might be the best thing I ever found. I'm constantly googling questions about anything and everything regarding the workings of the brain. I believe our mind is the most valuable thing we have, and this post showed up on one of my google searches and basically made me fall in love with this website.

Anyhow I'm starting my first year towards an associates degree in psychology, after achieving that I plan to be in school for a LONG time as far as a bachelors and eventually masters degrees.

I know I have an interest in studying different personalities as well as solving mind puzzles and life puzzles. I want to learn all I can regarding those few things and eventually help others with the knowledge I have, any advice on how can I make a living with those interests? I know I want to major in psychology or possibly science but I haven't much of a clue as to what I'm going to do with either of those. Any advice on where to start?

• 1 month later...

This forum might be the best thing I ever found. I'm constantly googling questions about anything and everything regarding the workings of the brain. I believe our mind is the most valuable thing we have, and this post showed up on one of my google searches and basically made me fall in love with this website.

Anyhow I'm starting my first year towards an associates degree in psychology, after achieving that I plan to be in school for a LONG time as far as a bachelors and eventually masters degrees.

I know I have an interest in studying different personalities as well as solving mind puzzles and life puzzles. I want to learn all I can regarding those few things and eventually help others with the knowledge I have, any advice on how can I make a living with those interests? I know I want to major in psychology or possibly science but I haven't much of a clue as to what I'm going to do with either of those. Any advice on where to start?

Congratulations on starting your education. It may seem like a long road now, but it will fly by. At the end, you'll wonder where the time went. As far as the degree in Psych, a bachelor's degree in that will not really amount to much - if you want a career, you need to aim for a doctorate in that. At least, to work in that field. There are other careers where any BA/BS will open the door for you, however, but it sounds like you really want to head for a career there. I guess the first thing I'd do is talk to your school's career services - see if they have any grads that would allow you to shadow them at work or talk to them about their work, so you can see if you'd really enjoy doing what they do. I'm not sure you're really asking about college information and degree-seeking type things, but I have a lot of knowledge there, so if I can offer anything in that respect, feel free to ask.

I wanted to reply to your post because many years ago it was a weird search result that reeled me in to this forum as well, just as yours. If you're sticking around, and I highly suggest it, then let me say you've stumbled onto an amazing treasure trove of information and personalities for one of the best methods of delivery of information that I've ever encountered.