Science Forums

New Testament and the Law

A23

I found this part particularly complicated :

from the New Testament, Roman 7,15 : "[...] but I do what I hate. If what I do, I don't want to do it, I recognize in this case that the Law is good"

So if as a man I hate "doing love to women", I'll probably marry and make love to this women a lot of time, because I hate doing it ? Can we deduce that men hating women have more chance to remain with a woman ?

(In other words it's Murphy's Law)

The bibilcal verse is referring to the "act" of sin in accordance with biblical law. Simply hating an action does not make it a sin. In the example that you have given for a married couple, sex is not considered a sin.

Can we deduce that men hating women have more chance to remain with a woman ?

no

If you hate the act with women, then why sleep with them? And why would you consider marriage in the first place?

I am not following your logic as far as Murphy's Law. Care to expound on that?

Can we deduce that men hating women have more chance to remain with a woman ?

No, but applying Occam's Razor, the most likely interpretation of this reasoning is moral relativism seeking to justify sociopathic misogyny.

You were not there for the beginning. You will not be there for the end. Your knowledge of what is going on can only be superficial and relative, :alien_dance:

Buffy

Yes,

marriage is for men trying to beg for pardon towards women,

but even with a whole life, with an word, or any kind of slight touching, no woman will forgive a man, (maybe if he gives all the money he has ?)

this is what I meant.

Yes,

marriage is for men trying to beg for pardon towards women,

what? pardon from hate?

but even with a whole life, with an word, or any kind of slight touching, no woman will forgive a man,

why is that A23? think you women so terribly evil that they are incapable of forgiveness? :coffee_n_pc:

(maybe if he gives all the money he has ?)

Oh my.... I fear you may have been subjected to a few callous women and have based all womankind upon that. This is truly heartbreaking, I hope that you will meet some kind women along your life's journey.

this is what I meant.

To truly understand others, one must look deep within themselves first. Take time to accept and love yourself A23, and that love will allow you to see the beauty in others.