Science Forums

Hi everybody

filza

alright, you already know my name, i am student of o-levels and interested in reading and to some extent writing, what tickles my curiosity is the study of energy which is one of the greatest mysterious,And i would like to know what wets your appetite of knowledge?

And i would like to know what wets your appetite of knowledge?

Usually, 3 cups of coffee in the morning, unless it was one of those late 3-4am nights, in which case its more like 4-5... (good thing you didn't ask what fuels it)

Seriously though, i really like to learn, i like to find out about new things, i like to solve problems, especially hard ones, it's a great moral satisfaction to solve something you've been working on for a while...

tell me how this site works?

In the most simplest of terms, your web-broswer sends a request to our web server, which processes the request, gathers data and eventually replies with some HTML, JS and CSS, with occasional embedded images and/or flash,etc, your web browser then parses and renders and displays what has been returned...

With T on this one, what exactly are you asking about?

confused , i want to know what sort of topics can we post? i am new here, therefore would like to know how this works,,help.help

try these links: >>

FAQ

Site Rules

...What kinds of topics are discussed here?

This is a forum for discussing science and technology. Basically, we welcome anything that falls within these realms. We like to consider ourselves open minded, but we do not like to see commercials, arrogant comments, or flames. Nor do we accept posts that are obvious attacks on other members, or which make other members appear needlessly stupid or ignorant. It is, however, okay to point out that you believe a member is in violation of our rules. You can also report posts to the administrators for review.

How should I behave?

Be yourself. But please respect these ground rules:

_In general, back up your claims by using links or references.

_If you make strange claims, please provide proof or at least backup of some kind. If you fail to do so, or the backup you provide is not deemed adequate, the moderators may move your post to the Strange Claims forum.

_If you want to refute someone's claims, please stay calm and point out where you think they went wrong, and what kind of proof you base your own opinion on.

_Do not post links to other sites as proof of your claims without commenting what the relevant sites say and why they are important to the current discussion.

_Statements like "I just know that this is the way it is" (especially when religion is being discussed) are considered ignorant and might be deleted. Likewise, users who have an obvious agenda behind the majority of their posts may be banned.

_The explicit discussion of drugs in order to promote non-scientific experimentation of drugs, show people how to obtain or create drugs, or providing histories of drug use to show off, will lead to deletion of posts, and we will issue warnings.

_If you ask for opinions, respect the replies you get.

_It is generally a good idea not to spend all your time in only a few topics.

_Do not endlessly show us that *your* theory is the *only* truth. And don't follow this up by making people look stupid for pointing out that there are other answers, especially if they provide links and resources. It will get you banned!

_Rude and offensive behaviour is not tolerated and might lead to instant banning (at the discretion of the forum staff). This includes forum posts, e-mails to users, messages in the chatroom, and private messages.

_Avoid cross-posting--that is, posting highly similar posts in multiple threads. The majority of our members actually read most threads, and this is impolitely forcing them to read something they've probably already read. It's OK to reply in existing threads with a post containing, "I discuss a related, but different, idea in *this thread*", and provide a link, but it should be in the context of the thread in which you are posting.

_Also, we will not accept racist, sexist, hateful, or derogatory posts. Such posts may be deleted or edited without further notice. Violations of these ground rules might lead to banning without further notice. It is always a good idea to lurk around a bit before you start posting. ...

Well, the topics are split by sections. What sorts of topics can you post? I dunno, that's up to you to decide, as long as they conform to the Rules, so they arent offensive, if they are posted in the scientific sections, then you should provide references for your claims, otherwise post in the non scientific or free discussion sections... Dont flame, act like a civilized adult, complete your thoughts, ask if you are asking, answer on topic if you are answering, discuss if you are discussing, and dont be offended if someone has a different view on the subject then you... Its pretty straight forward, and i don't think that there are a lot of topics that are off topic around here, if presented correctly...