Science Forums

New and nervous

*voyager

Welcome to hypography, voyager

Hi, I'm not used to forums and afraid of making an *** of myself.

Nothing to fear from making an *** of yourself here – most of us do it with some regularity. :Glasses: Casting yourself in the role of the *** can be dire in the company of people who are out to get you, but hypography strives to be first and foremost a friendly place, where folk can express their ideas – or their lack of ideas – without fear of ridicule

Don't have much knowledge but an avid appetite to learn.

In my experience, this is a much better thing to believe of yourself than that you have such vast stores of knowledge that you’ve no appetite to learn more, but rather a bilious compulsion to vomit said vast stores forth. This, in my experience, is the self-belief that can lead you to the most profound states of being an ***, avoiding it a sure way to assure you’ll appear at no time worse than a minor ***. :(

So, your case of nerves hopefully dispelled, tell us about yourself, voyager. Your life, interests, science interests, etc. – just whatever you’d like to share. Then browse the forums and get involved in any of the discussion threads you like, or start a new one of your own.