Science Forums

Boogie Boardin'

Theory5

Hey I found this great tablet called a boogie board, and its only for $30! It doesn't use any electricity to hold a display on the screen, just to erase it.

I really want to get one, but I have a few hangups on the design. First off the boogie board does not (yet) have any memory, so you can't save pages. Popular science says later versions may have that ability. Another problem I found is on their website, the watch battery is sealed into the case, so it can't be replaced and the website doesn't talk about replacing it at all. But the good news is that the battery runs for literally years, so you probably are getting the most out of the $30 bucks you spend!

And once I get $30 I am going to buy this :-)

what do you think?

What would you use this for?

With some memory, I could definitely see some uses. But as it stands: $30 for a virtual piece of paper?

Pros: Cheap, Does not use paper or ink

Cons: Can not fit in pocket, no permanent storage, not as easily available as pen and paper, poor design

Good idea, but it needs to at least offer an SD slot or something. :detective:

What would you use this for?

With some memory, I could definitely see some uses. But as it stands: $30 for a virtual piece of paper?

Pros: Cheap, Does not use paper or ink

Cons: Can not fit in pocket, no permanent storage, not as easily available as pen and paper, poor design

Good idea, but it needs to at least offer an SD slot or something. :detective:

I think at the moment it is meant to replace notepads, stickypads and lists. I dont know about you guys but I have a bunch of stickynotes plastered all along my wall and on my desk. This could help clear things up. I really do hope that their next model does incorporate some memory.