Science Forums

We know where you were and can see what you did

This link is to a diary entry at DShield; Cooperative Network Security Community - Internet Security (a global intrusion detection system associated with SANS) and it shows what you can find if you know where and how to look. The script used is supplied.

Twitpix, EXIF and GPS: I Know Where You Did it Last Summer

If anybody remembers what happened after MS changed its office suite (after '97) so that it could be componentised and scripts could be run (a major entry point for viruses etc not just macros) surely this is another example of 1 step forward and 2 steps back (the main point is the available info not the scripts).

Next time you do something naughty leave your phone at home. It does seem scary you can't get by with anything these modern days. When I was a teen we might not have done anything really bad but at least there is no cam footage of me setting a bag of dog **** on fire on the porch of an unloved neighbor! A little bit of naughtiness should be allowed for in any happy society.

lol A23, they can come up with better ways to "lure" people, and why would they want to "lure" you in the first place, they can just take you, no questions asked...

Well, here is an actual "scary" bit for you guys. There is a lot more information about you out there then you realize, a person who knows how to find that information can in a couple of days compile a profile on you, inches thick, from everything you have ever bought with any one of your cards, to your school records, driving records, to pictures of your family, friends, probably a lot of your history and probably quite a bit more, all obtained legitimately... enjoy pondering that for a bit