Science Forums

Hello

afgncaap

Hello all,

I've just joined Hypography.

About myself: I am an Electrical and Computer Engineering Ph.D. student in Carnegie Mellon University's bicoastal Ph.D. program. Currently located in the West Coast.

I've also entered the 2010 Dell Social Innovation Competition with one of my Ph.D. projects. (See Dell Social Innovation Competition | Converting Light Spectra into DC Electricity Using Solar Antennas for more details and to vote.) I would appreciate your support, as in addition to 50 entries selected by the judges, the 10 with the most votes also advance to the semifinals. :shrug:

-JB

that sounds interesting... what were your other PH D projects? I've been fortunate to speak to some people that were doing PH Ds in various computer fields, i once had a long conversation with the guy who wrote Tor, then this other guy who was working on an anonymous email thing that was similar to tor, but had very, very advanced crypto things associated with it, some guys that worked on parallel computing and did a paper on optical processing...

I'm also developing a 802.11 beamformer that prevents other signals from jamming the desired 802.11 signals. This anti-jamming beamformer will use machine learning techniques (such as genetic algorithms and neural nets) to control the antenna phase and attenuation to get the optimal beam pattern(s) that null out any jamming signals.