Science Forums

Bubbles!

bumab

you should try it. tell us what happens!

hmm, i should. right now I'm still bottle conditioning, I don't have a carbonation machine set up, i let the yeast do the work. i plan on getting that equipment soon, though. it's a little pricey.

Just think you guys, everyone drinking might be talking squeaky! What a gas!! :friday:

Well, I hate to burst your bubble (HA!) but unless you were actively sniffing your beer, you wouldn't get a squeaky voice 'cause you'd be swallowing it. Might get some nasty gas or indegestion, though. Most likely it would go flat really fast, since He would probably escape fast.

This could lead to a whole new advance in beer brewing. Various gasses would no doubt impart different head characteristics and flavors... hmmm... ;)

___Perhaps then funny high pitched burps! ;) And, er... uh... ;) , other utterances. :friday:

___You seem Bumab to be in the perfect situation to try this out. Those party stores sell small cylinders of helium pretty reasonably, & if you need more your local industrial gas supplier will set you up (be prepared to pay a deposit on the bottles).

___This is a really good idea!? :friday: :friday: :friday: ;) :friday:

True, but the setup to keg beer is a little pricey. The kegs themselves are about 35 bucks, a regulator (which is different for each gas) is about 50 bucks, the hoses and tubing are about 25 bucks, and the tap is another 25 or so... i'll certainly try it, the whole set up is my next big purchase. once i get all that, a little cylnder of He is nothin'

Lookin' forward to it already ;)

___This idea Bumab & I have here is worth kicking back up to see where it falls. What we have here is likely never manifest before & nothing short in the head either. Helium beer! Helium beer! Heeeeelllllliiiiiiiiuuuuummmmmm Beeeeeeeerrrrrrr! Bubble up mates! :) :hyper: :eek: :D :D :eek: :hihi: :rant: :mad: :eek: :xx:

Working on the set up as we speak, T. I've got the keg now, waiting for the next paycheck for the regulator, unless I can find some cheapie's on ebay. Soon, soon! But what style should the first helium brew ever brewed be? Something light, obviously... a hefe? or perhaps an esb?

• 1 month later...

___What's brewing Bumab? I just watched a little news piece on TV yeaterday about how well the NW microbrewing business is going. I haven't had the means for much beer lately, especially as my current favorite (Dead Guy Ale from Rouge) is also about the most expensive.

___Instead of a light Helium beer, how about something thick & dark to set a contrast? ;) Keep us posted. :)

Just finished up a honey wheat wedding beer for my buddies wedding day. It is quite something, turned out really well. Strong, at 8%, but good for a wedding night! :) It has some magical property where at the beginning, served decently cold (not too cold, around 43 F or so) it's really refreshing and a little bitter (in a good way) and as it warms up, the honey flavor starts to come out pretty strong.

Seriously, brewing is the gift that keeps on giving...

Wedding went really well. Our beer was incredibly popular, but our logo and advertising (by which I mean the poster on the top of the cooler) got hidden by the caterer's. So sadly, we accomplished nothing on the business end, but it was still fun.

Mead is brewed entirely of honey, I believe. It's a little more difficult then beer because you need to figure out the amount of sugar in the honey beforehand, since all honey has different levels of sugar. With beer, you just throw a pound or so in for flavor. Also, I don't think there are hops in mead, but I'm not sure. It's not my favorite, so I've not tred to brew it yet, but we might sometime in the future. It would be fun to make and then put down for a year or so...

• 3 weeks later...

___Sweet information Master Brewer Bumab! GETE

___I have recently developed an attachment for a German bier von Bremen, St. Pauli Girl; what is the low-down on this suds? :D

PS This was largely an economic decision (it's cheaper than Arrogant Bastard Ale) :D & then label appeal (large bosomed maedchen). :hihi: