Science Forums

Hello From Tasmania Australia

RonPrice

1. EMPLOYMENT & SOCIAL ROLES: 1943 To The Present

2006--Present-Writer & Poet; Retired Teacher/Lecturer/Tutor/Facilitator: George Town Tasmania

2002-2005-Program Presenter, City Park Radio, Launceston

1999-2005-Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc

1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services West Australian Department of Training

1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.

1982-1985 -Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT

1981 -Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania

1980-Unemployed: Bi-Polar Disability

1979 -Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker, Resource Centre Association, Launceston;

Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC, Launceston

1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat

1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill, Victoria

1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston

1972-1973 -High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department

1971 Primary School Teacher, Whyalla SA, Australia

1969-1971 Primary School Teacher, Prince Edward County Board of Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada

1969 Systems Analyst, Bad Boy Co. Ltd., Toronto Ontario

1967-68 -Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, Frobisher Bay(Iqaluit), NWT, Canada

1959-67 -Summer jobs from grade 9 to end of university

1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni:1963-1966, Windsor T’s College: 1966/7.

1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario.

October 1943 to July 1944--Conception to birth-Hamilton Ontario Canada

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA(as of: 2009)

I have been married for 42 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 60. We’ve had 3 children: ages in 2009-42, 39 and 32. I am 65, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet free. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, from part-time teaching in 2003 and from volunteer/casual teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 50 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 225 lbs, eyes-brown, hair-grey, Caucasian. See my website for more details or go the google search engine and type: RonPrice, Pioneering RonPrice, RonPrice Poetry, RonPrice Bahá’í, RonPrice History (or philosophy, religion, media studies, politics, among many other subjects) for additional writings.

thanks for your positive response, lemit.-Ron

----------------

I hope I can contribute something useful in my occasional appearance here at this science forum. In these years of my late adulthood(60-80) and old age(80++), if I last that long I,too, hope to learn a few things from others here.-Ron

Could you help me with something? I have a thread in the history section titled "We Must Never Forget: Remembering the Holocaust."

I know the Baha'i have suffered possibly more than any other religion--in a very brief time. I don't feel like I'm the right person to tell that story. Could you?

Thanks.

--lemit

If you go to the official international Baha'i site, lemit, you can find out all you need about the persecution of the Baha'i community. There is much detail there. Write again if you have any puzzles or questions. That site is: bahai.org

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, Michaelangelica, or rather, not-so-sadly, my days of employment at paid jobs and even unpaid/volunteer jobs(1961-2005) are over. I am now in the evening of my life; the years 65 to 75 are the middle years of late adulthood(60-80)--and I will not be applying for any more jobs or even volunteering for others. But thanks for the courtesy of your offer just the same.-Ron:)