Science Forums

Night lights

Could UFO's seen at night appear silent because of wind direction and seem immobile because they are helicopters hovering over one spot or planes heading towards you? (How long can a helicopter hover before running out of fuel?).

The question then becomes how long do you have to wait to be sure that what you're seeing isn't man made and are wind conditions (not necessarily near you) making a noisy aircraft seem silent? (If it's a plane coming towards you, you'll soon know but if its movements are beyond normal aerobatics, then what you're seeing can only be classified as unknown).

We seem to be on parallel tracks.

Yes, perspective is the cause of many UFO's.

My favorite report is the two Ohio state policemen who chased a very elusive, very bright light across the state and into Pennsylvania, where they were told that the object that moved erratically and seemed to be always just out of reach was in fact Venus.

Occam's razor was apparently not part of Ohio's state police training program at the time.

--lemit

We seem to be on parallel tracks.

Yes, perspective is the cause of many UFO's.

My favorite report is the two Ohio state policemen who chased a very elusive, very bright light across the state and into Pennsylvania, where they were told that the object that moved erratically and seemed to be always just out of reach was in fact Venus.

Occam's razor was apparently not part of Ohio's state police training program at the time.

--lemit

I've seen an unexplained object in full daylight for several minutes but all observation requires you to be 'still' :hyper:or you'll end up with the illusion of movement where none exists as here.