Science Forums

Direct experience

paigetheoracle

In a world full of censorship, corruption and suppression - how can we be sure of anything but direct experience? (Officialdom lies/ newspapers edit the truth/ governments engage in cover ups/ criminals blackmail and bribe/ husbands and wives, not to mention children, are economical with the truth to avoid punishment and arguments). So when it boils down to it, who can we trust but ourselves and our own senses as individuals?

Can you really trust yourself? How many times have you spewed insults in anger, which you did not really intend to do.. Or make a commitment to yourself to stop a bad habit and found you continued to do it. Don't let it bring you down, Paigey, it's only castles burning:phones:

Can you really trust yourself? How many times have you spewed insults in anger, which you did not really intend to do.. Or make a commitment to yourself to stop a bad habit and found you continued to do it. Don't let it bring you down, Paigey, it's only castles burning:phones:

Oh Pam how true! I rarely commit to stopping a bad habit for that reason - I know I have a Yin and a Yang side, so just get on with it, without trying to judge myself or others too harshly but as you say my temper and frustration do get the better of me sometimes (They sentenced me to twenty years of (migraine) for trying to change the system from within:phones:). I was going to mention this applied to me as much as anybody else but decided to 'censor' it - after all I'm trying to sell a viewpoint here, and it might put customers off if the product didn't seem shiny and squeaky clean:hyper:

Lastly, it's not about trust (this thread) but honesty:- I can't trust myself not to spill the beans or hide the truth (keep calm or blow my top) but this is about 'knowing' it, not what you do with it.:)