Science Forums

Adobe Flash for Iphones :)

It's finally happening, Apple has finally gotten the finger out of their.... never mind ... anyways, Adobe now has a partnership contract with Apple to develop an Iphone version of Flash...

Personally i did not find it to be a problem at all, buuut some people have been complaining about the fact that flash wasn't implemented on the phone and that it was apple's fault, not web developers *caugh* BS */caugh*, now after a small run in with the justices in the UK, with claims of false advertising, Appled opened up some "restrictive" licensing of the SDK to Adobe, who will make a new version of flash for the handheld :wave2:

And the consumer wins :)

Now if Adobe would just build an Acrobat browser plug-in for *any* Mac browser, I'll be happy....

I wonder how big that Flash plug in will be and how big of a CPU hog it will be....

I'm hoping that iPhone v3 will have a bit more goomph.... :cap:

Hmm, they seem to have greater power when they collide, :phones:

Buffy

i am REALLY not a fan of the pdf plugin in windows, its fine for a pdf that is under a meg or two, but any time i hit a pdf that is over 10-15 megs it locks up the browser sooo bad and for soo long, its horrible... I hate the plugin, imho i think it should be a choice (like choosing an application to open a file or saving it)...

infact i run "PDF Download" to eliminate the problem of not having much choice in windows...

i am REALLY not a fan of the pdf plugin in windows, its fine for a pdf that is under a meg or two, but any time i hit a pdf that is over 10-15 megs it locks up the browser sooo bad and for soo long, its horrible... I hate the plugin, imho i think it should be a choice (like choosing an application to open a file or saving it)...

True, but if you're trying to integrate PDF directly into a web application, you 1) don't have much choice and 2) you're in control, so using it only for smaller files is up to you, the developer....

People want markup features in web apps but Adobe's made it very difficult to do it because they want to be the center of everything, so some of us are finding we have to go off and essentially *replicate* Acrobat in order to do any real integration, especially if you have to run on Macs....pleh! :cap:

Too many people think only of their own profit. But business opportunity seldom knocks on the door of self-centered people. No customer ever goes to a store merely to please the storekeeper, :phones:

Buffy