Science Forums

Obama administration first 100 days to promote antigravity technology

well I hate to burst the bubble but if i see it correctly the video does not show an anti-gravoty effect it sows how ions can be used as propulsion and it only works are very light objects made of tin foil and has no practical application a B-2 bomber. I have heard of rumors of new technology that was being with held, such rumors are sometime intentional as disinformation and occasionally they are real. It will be interesting to see what happens with this.

The first 100 days of an Obama administration…

Do you figure this is legitimate? Not so much the technology (I am quite skeptical of it) but the actions of the government. Would they really invest money into such technology?

Arkain is wise, I think, to be skeptical. The linked article appears to be conspitacy theory nonsense of the worst king, centerpiecing an video that’s obviously of a “lifter”, a well-understood, impractical aircraft that supports no claims that they are gravity-negating or reversing machines (a simple claim to test by noting that, when operated in a vacuum, then produce to little thrust to fly).

As there are no credible theoretical explanations nor empirical example of “anti-gravity technology” that could be used in aviation, claims that some government or other enterprise is either keeping such technology secret or planning to reveal it is appear to be nonsense.

Such claims are common in UFO and conspiracy theory communities. The articles writer, Michael Salla, is a prominent member of these communities, owing in large part, I think, to his having had a legitimate academic career and recognition as a peace activists before his strange claims concerning contact between humans (especially government officials, such as US president Eisenhower, ) and extraterrestrial visitors resulted in his dismissal from his professorship at American University. Among his claims are a theme of ETs having and continuing to intervening to prevent the use of nuclear weapons, and predictions that they would do so, perhaps publicly, were the US to attack Iran. These closing line from the 6/4/2004 Al Jazeera article “US-Iran: The truth is way out there” stands out as an example of tongue-in-cheek journalism:

Salla contends that the approach of George Bush, the US president, to Iran "is of great concern to extraterrestrials, and poses a direct threat to them in ways that are still not fully understood".

He said: "Many of these issues will be shortly discussed in an international conference being sponsored by the Exopolitics Institute in Hawaii from June 9 to 11."

Aljazeera.net cannot confirm whether Bush or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, his Iranian counterpart, or any alien delegates will attend.

I thought I added a reply to this topic but it does not appear to be here, so I will try this again.

I failed to mention that I did not watch the video (slow internet) and did not lurk around the website very much. After taking a second look I realized this was one of those sci-fi communities posting lots of these kinds of stories. In any case, its not breaking news on CNN (if anything exciting happens they talk about it for hours even if they don't really know what is happening. "We don't know whats going on, but we will keep giving you coverage of this scene"), so I think we're pretty safe from ufo's just yet.

Conspiracy aside, does that thing work in a vacuum?

I assume a vacuum on 'earth' has walls to make that vacuum. The walls being the relative source of attraction to lift the object in a vacuum.

Of course, I will leave the official answer from the the guy who has the knowledge on the matter.

Enter Craig.

:hihi:

• 5 months later...

Those "lifters" make for awesome party tricks, and are pretty easy to make.

The only issue is the power supply. I took the power supply from an old busted computer screen, it gave me somewhere in the region of 40,000V. The lifter takes of very prettily when you switch the computer screen on, and hovers at the point where the weight of the power cable overcomes the lifting power of the foil skirt. I won't recommend you build one, though, cause although I haven't touched it, all those open connections and stuff make for easy accidents - and 40kV is no laughing matter, I'm sure...

But still.

It rocks.

And it rocks so much better after a few brewskies, when your mates are around, and you want to show them something übercool - and that's when the 40kV jumps up and bites you in the ***...