Science Forums

One question?????

buddyzen

Well, some religions believe in magic and some believe in miracles which could be viewed as magic or illusion. If you are referring to Creation of the universe,then Christianity, Judaism, and Islam do not believe that it came from nothing, but was created by God. In these religions, God always was, nothing prior to his existance. How does the human mind believe that something came from nothing? There in lies hope. An individual hopes for something to be true and real often without evidence. Take love for example, it is not tangible. You want to believe and hope that your mom loves you, but you can't prove it. You can only sense her warmth and caring and her kind actions towards you.While she is disciplining you, you may feel she doesn't love you, but on the contrary, she is teaching and guiding you because of love.

Buddy - You wrote: "...i am just curious on how the human mind can believe that something can come from nothing..."

I think many people believe in the Big Bang theory which posits just such an ocurance. :D

Incorrect.

The BBT makes no claims as to what happened to start the universe. It merely attempts to describe what happened right after the formation of the universe to present time.

It's a common misconception that BBT explains the beginning. Another similar misconception is often attributed to evolutionary theory, but like the BBT, evolution only describes what happened after life began not how it began.

As far as the topic of this thread, I believe Pamela's post was spot on so I'll make no further comments.