Science Forums

Late introduction

Dark Mind

Hi everyone! I am 16, live in Lakeside, California (USA), I'm a male, I have taken high school (I'm a Junior) Biology and I'm currently taking Physics. I first got involved in physics about a year ago upon hearing about the Superstring Theory and other random physics thing like GUT's, the SSC, funny names like quark and leptons :(, and something that I am probably going to dedicate a major portion of my life to trying to figure out... Perpetual Motion, at least until it is proven beyond all reasonable doubt in my mind that something of it's nature is impossible. I enjoy reading up on physics (the first book I read on the subject was Michio Kaku's Beyond Einstein and I LOVED it; that is definitely what got me hooked. Any new members I would definitely advise reading this if your new to the playing field and interested in the subject, very easy to understand and (I thought) very informative. But I'm only 16 and anything at this point in life could be considered "informative" but that would be getting into semantics. Annnnyyway, I'm looking forward to input from anyone and everyone on my ideas/theories and I'm also looking forward to just general information that I may be seeking hope you guys/girls can help me out! :xx:

WELCOME, Dark Mind. It;s great to have you. We have quite a few from California. You should fit right in...

As for your post, we'll be glad to be your sounding board for your ideas, as long as you don't mind listening to some of us rant once in a while. Otherwise, this should be a great place for you!

btw - where is Lakeside, exactly? Or maybe not 'exactly', but just a close proximation to some 'big' city... :cup:

btw - where is Lakeside, exactly? Or maybe not 'exactly', but just a close proximation to some 'big' city... :)

Uhhh... Lakeside isn't exactly close to any big city. It's in the San Diego county and we're south of San Francisco and Los Angeles and right by (looking on a map at least, we're still many miles away though) the most south-eastern border of Mexico, east of the Mojave Desert and about 20 miles (?, it's pretty close, about 25 minute drive on the highway) west of the Pacific Ocean. I'm not sure how good those descriptions are :cup:, I'm not used to describing where I live in such a broad view of the world. Tell me if you need more directive or are curious as to the exact latitude by longitude location of San Diego, although you are just as able as I to look them up on the net ;).