Science Forums

Bologna Bottle

OpenMind5

HEY GUYS! REMEMBER LIL OLD ME??

I'm back for a quick question. What do you guys know about Bologna Bottles.

I was wondering if anyone know how to make these fun projects yourself at home, not in a lab. And if you can do it with more than just a beaker.

Maybe a glass beer bottle or even a glass coke bottle.

What do you all think?

-OP5

I was wondering if anyone know how to make these fun projects yourself at home, not in a lab. And if you can do it with more than just a beaker.

What do you all think?

-OP5

I Keep bologna dogs as opposed to wiener dogs but I never heard of a bologna bottle.

I've seen this demonstration, but honestly I had to look it up to see why it did what it did. My teacher didn't bother explaining it. :(

So, I just did some research, and I can't find anyone who can describe an easy way to do it. Are you willing to try some different things? Perhaps you could place the bottle inside of a fire pit, remove it, and place it in a container of sand. To cool the inside quickly, flush with cool water. It seems like that could do the trick, but I have a feeling that this is one of those things where you're not going to get it right the first time around.

What do you all think?

-OP5

Following the lead of Mercedes, I Googled it. ;) Apparently the effect is demonstrated using Coke bottles as a magic trick. The method used to 'treat' the Coke bottles is being kept secret as apparently prepared bottles are for sale. :( Ahhhh capitalism. :(

Here's an interesting discussion at a Magic Forum, and a UTube vid of Penn & Teller doing the trick. :confused:

The Spookclub Magic Community :: View topic - Need help remembering an unusual kind of bottle

YouTube - Devil's Cola Bottle Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMEmR-grjNA