Science Forums

Photoshop CS4 Released

Its out, and expensive as all hell, but it might be worth selling your first-born for it. Lots of new features, a face lift, more 3d support, and more stuff photographers want to do with their photos. Support for painting 3d surfaces, smart image enlarging filters, mask tools on the pallete (you can now directly paint a mask, its so much simpler then in cs3), full integration in lightroom and Raw, illustrator, etc, its really nice :)

if you are interested, found a pretty good link.

What's New In Adobe Photoshop CS4 - Photoshop 11 - New Features Overview | PhotoshopSupport.com

Looks cool but the price is way out of my league...$999 at the Chicago Apple Store. I guess you get a better deal with the CS4 bundles but it's still priced as a professional tool (which it is, of course!).

I'm still using my student edition of CS2 which is pretty slow on my Intel Mac (current Hypo design was made in CS2), and I use Pixelmator for more rudimentary graphics work.

In Europe you can pretty much double the US price tag. Adobe apparently think that European pockets have no limits.

Yes Tormod, as with all things photographic wise, and South Africa are part of Europe when it comes to Adobe, Nikon and Canon. If you guys are complaining, spare us a thought. :painting:

CS4 would be nice, but I can pretty much do all my photographic stuff in LR 2.1 and a little CS2 if needed.

actually yes, i just finished designing my contact cards, which was a combination of PS and Inkscape, i will have to shortly work on designing a website, like within a week, so yeah i do actually work in PS quite a bit.

I need to take more photos though, that's something i really have not enough time to do, though, i have to say, i may start doing a fair amount of that too in a bit... :painting: lets hope

btw my days are not long enough, i have been at work since friday, and its sunday at 5:14 am here, went home friday knight for 6 hours, been back since 10 last morning

other then that, i consider 11:30 to be early going to bed on week days, if you were asking that, 12:30 is about average for bed time, though its not rare to be up till past 2, and i do have to be at work at 8...

btw my days are not long enough, i have been at work since friday, and its sunday at 5:14 am here, went home friday knight for 6 hours, been back since 10 last morning

other then that, i consider 11:30 to be early going to bed on week days, if you were asking that, 12:30 is about average for bed time, though its not rare to be up till past 2, and i do have to be at work at 8...

Man, you need to chill. :naughty:

Maybe a holiday to South Africa will be good medicine, but then, do you know what holiday means? ;)

hehe, let me tell you how i spent my last one, you will understand that going to bed at 12-2 is better then taking a vaca for me, this summer :naughty:

i was going to a conference on thursday of the week, in NYC and i had to build some temporary walls for the radio station. So, monday i borrow my friends truck, and get all the materials, tuesday i was conferenced in to a meeting at the office, wednesday, i was working like crazy to get the walls finished, thursday i finished the walls, picked up my dad's friend truck, loaded up, and by 11 pm i was there, Thursday into friday was spent assembling all the stuff, setting up the station, etc. Friday was the first day of the conference, thus i spent all day at the conference. Friday night, there was a concert that we somehow got stuck controlling, so that finally finished around 4:30, and by 5 i finally saw the hotel room. Got up at 8, got coffee, and went off for another day of exciting conference stuff, going to talks, etc. 10pm, i had a shift to the next morning, and instead of just throwing it on auto play, someone decided that putting a talk show was going to be cool, so since i had to monitor all the equipment, and the phone was ringing off the hook, i was up till 6 am, and finally got to sleep again. 4 hours later, at 10 am, woken up by the hosts coming in to start their day shifts, and i was out to attend talks. The conference ended at 7:30, tear down, and left at 11, hit traffic on the way home, got home at 2 am, and the next morning, at 8, had to be at work....

total sleep lost: 25+ hrs

total red bulls drank: 9

total large cups of coffee: 5

longest uptime: ~42 hours

total alcohol consumed: ... 4 beers, some sky and later a bit of scotch (you know, good friends, good company, good talk, Johnie Walker Blue Label ;) )

hey, i prefer life, for now.... something about getting kidnapped, and staring at the exiting opening of a Kalashnikov's rifled barrel, does sound like a vacation that would get a lot of talk, but once again, probably not really fun...

You sure have a wrong view of this country. The only AK-47 I saw in 49 years of living here, was the one I fired during military training. TV news is not a good source of what a country is like. ;) It tells us the American people re-elected Bush for a second term out of free will. :naughty: