Science Forums

Opinions omg new microsoft commercial!!!

buddyzen

hey guys i am a kid that loves computers i am currently enrolled in a tech high for computer science and right now i am absolutelly hating vista but i got no money to downgrade to xp and the free downgrade is only for ultimate users. well any way has anyone seen that new microsoft vista commercial where bill gates and jerry sienfeld are buying shoes......... WTF IS THAT SUPOSE TO MEAN OMG! is microsoft really that desperate that they have to make commercials so off topic to sell there products cause they do not want to show people how bad vista is >_< epic fail microsoft EPIC FAIL >_<!!!

i am absolutelly hating vista but i got no money to downgrade to xp and the free downgrade is only for ultimate users.

That's just a sad, sad story. :turtle:

Have you considered Linux?

well any way has anyone seen that new microsoft vista commercial where bill gates and jerry sienfeld are buying shoes......... WTF IS THAT SUPOSE TO MEAN OMG! is microsoft really that desperate that they have to make commercials so off topic to sell there products cause they do not want to show people how bad vista is >_< epic fail microsoft EPIC FAIL >_<!!!

Ummm....wow....:)

YouTube - Microsoft Windows Vista Commercial in High Quality · Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld (Shoe Circus) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SiBBi35zKY&feature=related

Advertising meter:

MAC >10

PC <-1

WTF IS THAT SUPOSE TO MEAN OMG!

Don't tell me you never watched Seinfeld....

As Lenny Bruce used to say, "That's it, that's the joke..."

I am so busy doing nothing... that the idea of doing anything - which as you know, always leads to something - cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything, :evil:

Buffy

...i am currently enrolled in a tech high for computer science...

...epic fail microsoft...

...linux opperating systems are not very good for gaming...

Comp-sci people don't have time for gaming :evil: they are busy writing productive code or hacking some gadgets or making something weirdly cool or something :evil:

Comp-sci lesson number one, the fact that the software writers fail to write code that can be easily ported to any platform, does not take away from the brilliantness of an OS.

Backtrack 3 is not a distro for the faint-hearted, other then script kiddies trying to break their neighbor's WEP. It should be used by seasoned pros who actually know what they are doing when it comes to the tools that are available with that distro. Newbs should start with Ubuntu, or if you want to learn linux from the bottom up, Gentoo or Slackware, neither should be run on a production box, you should always have a computer running a stable OS, for those times when you just need to do something, so get a mac, and then take your computer and play with linux, install it, learn it, compile some kernels, compile some code, understand what an OS really is....

i have tried ubuntu it is just a basic linux i am very active in computers and i am avid about them i am trying to teach myself java right now but my compiler at school does not work any suggestions about that, i think it is because we are un accessable to command prompts. i have tried online compilers but they are all out of date. but on the backtrack note it is not that confusing and i like the hamachi feature ^.^

well we are in school and practicly everythign we can do is blocked i was thinking using a batch to run a command prompt through the compiler cause i was not sure if that would work our problem is we get a path error because it can not access command prompts that is what i need to solve =( without getting in trouble for trying to learn *sigh -__-

*caugh*oph live*/caugh* run it once, enjoy it for a long time.....? but ofcourse i am not suggesting cracking the admin password or anything... dont follow any advise... remember, you thought of it yourself, i did not suggest running anything.

That or just catch your it guys and make them fix it. You obviously need the compiler, they need to cator to their student's needs... so, social engineer them to fix it :)

There is a third solution... called a laptop... get an asus EEE, beautiful machine for coding, lite, quick enough, and ubu installs pretty quickly on it, you just need to configure it, and install any of the compilers you might need. And remember to always back up your code :D. (EEEs are pretty cheap)

let me ask my friend what he uses. i have a friend who's a java coder...

we tried running it on dsl and backtrack and it would not work it crashed on backtrack and got error on dsl (damb small linux) we have to use live cd's / usb boot from our flashdrives so we do not get in trouble i think our it department would get a little fishy finding 2 operating systems on 1 machine lolz but to the get a laptop i have one and it is good i on right now but problem is bringing to school >_< not the smartes idea to walk around with a laptop in my school. i would buy a cheap one to bring to school just in case somethign happens but as come with your teen years also comes being broke O_O and kids have got in trouble for getting into command prompts before some of my friends got in school suspension for it because our it department is so stupid they leave there grading program on the same lan instead of making a seperate vlan for there grade quick lol they could have changed everyones grades in the school of course they wouldn't but that just shows you that some it departments arent the gratest.. i was thinking running a batch in a live cd operating system but of course linux can't use the extension .bat X_X

i really need to figure this one out because we are not learngin anything in our class lol we probably have one of the dumbest classes in history and only a couple of the students belong in the computer shop, and our new teacher does not help things -_-

i am goin to think about this if anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks

i was thinking running a batch in a live cd operating system but of course linux can't use the extension .bat X_X
:doh:if you only knew how script kiddish that sounds... i wont even comment....

with your teen years also comes being broke

that comes with more then just teen years. That didn't stop me from working after school since sophomore year, and it didn't stop me from working summers either... It may mean that you have to spend your time during the summer not just hanging out with your buddies and playing games, but with that come some spending money on things like calculators, laptops and mp3 players, all of which have proven to be necessary at one point of school or another... (passing math classes by writing programs to find solutions to whatever it is we were studying at a time (calc), not getting bored in computer classes (lap), and drowning out the general bull during gym and other annoying classes (mp3))