Science Forums

What makes you happy?

nutronjon

A friend said my returning to these forums when it has been more of a bad experience than a good one, is like being addicted to gambling, and that makes sense. Often I thought of not returning, but I do, because there is a chance someone will agree with me, or someone, like Hydrogenbond, will say something really interesting that gets to thinking, or someone will say something that motivates me to do some research and learn something new. All these things make me happy, so I take a gamble that something good will will happen, and endure the unhappy moments for a chance of a happy one.

As I thought about this on my way to work, I thought I would buy an ice cream today and enjoy the pleasure of eating it, and then I thought, no that would be calories I don't need. Bummer.

I get a lot of happiness out of my job, helping others, but like the forums, this is both good and bad. Sometimes it is so much work pleasing someone, it isn't fun. And for some crazy reason my job makes me feel unfree, because I have be certiain places at certain times and deal with assigned people. Some of them are more fun to be with than others, but still come the end of the work day on Friday, I love that feeling of freedom I have until Monday morning. It is nice to be free to do nothing if I like.

So what makes you happy?

HUMOR!

:lol: :hihi: :lol: :) :lol: :hihi: :hyper: :hihi: :lol: :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

:hihi: :lol: :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :hyper: :hihi: :lol: :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hyper:

:lol: :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :hyper: :hihi: :lol: :hyper: :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hyper: :hihi:

I opened to another penalty this morning and have decided these forums are just too mean spirited. I am taking a break, and while I am gone Craig penalize me for every statement that I have not defended, and you all can penalize me for every mention of God by calling this preaching and prosetyling although it is neither. But go for it folks, you might find enough to ban me and then you can pat yourselves on the pat for you big win.

I opened to another penalty this morning and have decided these forums are just too mean spirited. I am taking a break, and while I am gone Craig penalize me for every statement that I have not defended, and you all can penalize me for every mention of God by calling this preaching and prosetyling although it is neither. But go for it folks, you might find enough to ban me and then you can pat yourselves on the pat for you big win.

And this makes you happy? :applause:

"The only way to stave off boredom, in a complex domesticated primate like humankind, is to increase one's intelligence. This is not appealing to the average primate, who instead invents emotional games. Robert Anton Wilson

Self-importance can't be fought with niceties.....Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it--what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellow men. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.....Self-importance is not something simple and naive. On the one hand, it is the core of everything that is good in us, and on the other hand, the core of everything that is rotten. To get rid of the self-importance that is rotten requires a masterpiece of strategy.--Don Juan