Science Forums

Bluetooth Remote Control...

So I finally upgraded from Symbian phones to PocketPC. I've got a sexy little HTC running Windows Mobile 6, and now I'm playing around a bit.

What I want to know is whether any of you geeks have had any success with a Remote Desktop Client running over Bluetooth?

There are a plethora of remote controllers for Windows Mobile out there, but very few of them support connection through Bluetooth. They all employ TCP/IP over the browser to remotely connect to your desktop. I simply want to switch apps on my PC, within Bluetooth range - like switching movies, audio tracks, etc. I don't want to have to connect to the internet to do that.

I was able to download a few programs that showed promise, explicitly promising Bluetooth support for their remote controllers - then it turned out that they supported all possible Bluetooth stacks EXCEPT BlueSoleil's stack. Guess which one I got.

BlueSoleil also plays havoc with MS ActiveSync.

But let me stop crying now, and state my situation:

1. I've got a computer with a BlueSoleil Bluetooth dongle.

2. I've got the latest & greatest Java running on both my machine (XP SP2) and my mobile handset.

3. I'm running the latest .NET framework on my desktop (methinks its 3.5 or thereabouts - downloaded it today from MS)

4. I've got a HTC 3450 running WM6.

5. I want to take remote control of my desktop (ala RDC) with my handset.

I'm battling. Any ideas?

*Gently pokes Alexander in the side*