Science Forums

R&R Name That tune!

Moontanman

You know I'm such a fool for you

You've got me wrapped around your finger :hyper:

I decided we needed some tunes that were not written more than 15 years ago. :eek_big:

I'm glad you said tunes, if you had claimed that real music had been written in the last 15 years I would have required proof! Give us a few more words, I gave four lines in my last song!

I'm glad you said tunes, if you had claimed that real music had been written in the last 15 years I would have required proof!

Oh come now...

I tend to agree that music in the last 2-3 decades has not been on par with stuff before it, but it's wrong to say that *no* good music has come out in the last 15 years, imho. For a quick example of the top of my head, have you checked out Fleet Foxes? They just came out with their debut album in June 2008. It sounds like it easily could have been written in the seventies. There are countless more examples (eg. the whole grunge movement: Nirvana etc.).

Give us a few more words, I gave four lines in my last song!

Modest already guessed it correctly. :hyper:

Oh come now...

I tend to agree that music in the last 2-3 decades has not been on par with stuff before it, but it's wrong to say that *no* good music has come out in the last 15 years, imho. For a quick example of the top of my head, have you checked out Fleet Foxes? They just came out with their debut album in June 2008. It sounds like it easily could have been written in the seventies. There are countless more examples (eg. the whole grunge movement: Nirvana etc.).

Modest already guessed it correctly. :hyper:

Ok, name a really great song/band from the last two decades that wasn't already great before!

Moontanman

No clue so far Doug' date=' can I have a new line or two? [/quote']

freeztar

Doug' date=' I have no clue. [/quote']

Here is some more of the song.

The moon don't move the tides,

to wash me clean

Why so unforgiving and why so cold

Been a long time -------- ------ -- -----

Cold wind blows

The Gods look down in anger,

on this poor child