Science Forums

Mp3 player not recognized

Hi!

I have an Aigo A215 Mp3 player which is not being recognized by Windows XP. I recently formatted my computer and this is the first time I try to use the device after that. Before I formatted it worked just fine, as a mp3 player and storage device.

The problems are the following. When I plug the device I get the MTP window that asks me to sync with WMP or do nothing (before I used to get the open Folder thingy too, but not anymore). When I try to sync with WMP, it doesnt recognize it.

Furthermore, the device shows up in the Device manager but it doesnt show up under the Portable Devices folder in the Control Panel. It does not show up in My Computer either.

On top of that, when I unplugged it, the light would turn on for a few secs and stay blank (not showing the music, folders or recording options). At this point it does not turn on anymore on its own. I've changed the AA battery a couple of times already.

What can I do? Your help will be much appreciated.

Oh and btw, as far a i can read, Aigo is a rather shady company, they seem to be trying to ignore issues with their players, and as far as i can read, are accepting returns on their product, regardless of whether you have a receipt or not. You may be better off returning the darn thing, and getting something that is a little more expensive, but is guaranteed to work 100% better ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah - SP3 would be my guess.

When I went SP3, my sound stopped working - an onboard realtek on an Intel board. SP3 simply refuses to see it, regardless what I do. So, stuff SP3, I figured.

Remove SP3 completely - it also puts a timebomb on RDC!

Reload SP2, and voila - no more probs.

By the way - after a lot of resistance to boost Vista sales, I saw that Microshaft now promises support for XP till 2014! Idjits!

yes it does... aaaah, they are getting so much criticism for that... i think they fixed the issue, though, or am i wrong?...
Not too sure, I haven't bothered to download a "Service Pack" for my "Service Pack".

I'm running SP2 on all my boxes. No sweat. Will give MS more time to get their ducks in a row before I'll attempt SP3 again, if at all.