Science Forums

Search for Evidence of Time Travel in Ancient Texts

Eddy_P

Greetings from Australia

I wish to establish a set of rules for studying Evidence of Time Travel.

This study is not about 'How time travel works' nor 'When was a time machine invented'.

It is not asking for opinions whether time travel is possible or not, but simply…

Is there any evidence documented in ancient texts that relate to visits to the past ?

PURPOSE and AIMS

- To seek out and identify any evidence of Time Travel that may be documented in ancient texts.

- Create a set of rules for this task.

- Scrutinize and examine past information and any new evidence found - using an organized peer process of evaluation.

- Make a Judgement based upon the evidence presented, then state a Conclusion.

METHOD

I am seeking a ‘Submission of Ideas’ regarding how to go about gathering information and then evaluating it.

STEP 1 . Develop a Search Criterion

STEP 2 . Gather Evidence

STEP 3 . Examine and Evaluate evidence

STEP 4 . Form a Judgement and Conclusion

I am hoping your members will be able to contribute to my project with ideas or comments.

LINK to Ideas Submission website

Submissions may be cited on the website.

Yours Faithfully,

Eddy Pengelly

On behalf of PPHC Study Group, Australia.

Reincarnation indirectly suggests time travel, since it projects the person moving forward in time, but it seemed to require the loss of the body. This theory, by losing the physical manifestation of the body first, suggested that physical or material time travel was not possible, rather the signal needed to occur with energy. This organized energy then hooks back into physical reality through the living state and is able to materialize again. It did require being slowly assembled via growth. Stirring appeared to have something to do with accumulation of behavior sort of time averaged. I am not trying to be funny, but this philosophy appears to add up to time travel but was limited to moving into the future in terms of the universe.

It did indirectly suggest that one could time travel backwards, relative to the steps of evolution, since it was thought possible for a human to reincarnate into an ape. But this would be a step backwards in genetics, but that would still be in the future relative to the earth. What this suggested was signal loss during the time projection so it could only materialize in a lower form of living complexity. The signal loss was connected to the mind not being optimized to the parameters defined for lossless travel. The final incarnation didn't materialize, but remained as some structured energy associated with consciousness. It was not clear whether this allowed reverse time travel since it would not be part of physical reality and alter time. I am not saying I believe this. I was interpreting this philosophy in terms of the needs of the research project. I sort of adds up. One may have to resist the urge to be modern literal and interpret ancient text more symbolically. One has to keep in mind the age of reason only started about 500 years ago.

Withdrawn for further research:doh:How embarrassing! I will continue to search for the article but it's probably not relevant anyway. The only thing I know of that even remotely resembles what you are looking for is the Hindu myths that resemble descriptions of nuclear warfare. Very interesting but almost certainly just coincidence.

I suppose there are a lot of ancient texts describing the future. People claiming to see the future or know the future. But, are there any where someone claims to be from the future; born in the future; lived in the future? I can't think of any.

I also don't think the accuracy of a prophecy in and of itself can be used to support a claim of time travel. There are a lot of prophetic texts and the odds are not against finding one that is very accurate.

If a text is found that both claims it was written by a time traveler and has information about future events (past events to us) and it is very, very accurate then the simplest solution still might be forgery or hoax.

If an artifact is found (let's say a DVD in an undisturbed Egyptian tomb) and it is carbon dated to a few thousand years and the DVD contained material not reproducible to us today (let's say It is a movie with a sixty-year-old Tom Cruise in it) then I would believe.

Only when the probability of time travel is greater than the probability of some other explanation like forgery or coincidence could it even be considered probable.

-modest

Study of basic recurring cyclical systems of the past events, could expand your ability to see future events, or even aim a path of least resistance to position your self to be caught up in what can be called the “future” like a Bill gates, then you would be crating the future.

then you would be crating the future.

Which brings up another good point.

Ancient prophecies could be fulfilled because they were self-fulfilling. Jewish people were expecting the prophecy of the return of king David or the "messiah" in the first century BC to be fulfilled and look what happened. :(

-modest

Well, what exactly are you looking for? Stories of time travel made in the ancient world, or actual time travel itself (i.e. presumably future humans visiting historical civilizations)?

The latter. Actual time travel by humans back to the past.

I suppose there are a lot of ancient texts describing the future. People claiming to see the future or know the future.

Yes. For example: Ezekiel and Daniel (OT), and John (Revelations from NT), and Nostradamus.

But in the cases of the biblical people, they all document that an ANGEL showed them ‘future things and visions’ and told them of ‘future historical and astronomical events’.

I believe that texts such as these may contain evidence of time travel encounters.

If an artifact is found (let's say a DVD)

What if a modern technological object is documented and described in an ancient text, or a modern data storage device is depicted and its contents described in detail.

Would this be evidence of time travel IF the identity of the modern data storage device was known AND the described contents from the ancient text exactly matches to the contents of that modern storage device ?

There are a lot of prophetic texts and the odds are not against finding one that is very accurate.

But what if all those texts contain only part of the puzzle pieces ?

When all are examined, time travel encounters may be revealed.

If so, what rules do we use to verify these things ?

Please be advised that a draft SEARCH CRITERION is now available for viewing along with HOW Texts have been selected for examination.

Your suggested amendments and/or comments are welcomed.

LINK to Search for Evidence of Time Travel website

EXPERIMENTS will soon be conducted to TEST Ronald Pegg’s theory regarding ‘Evidence of Time Travel being documented in Ancient Texts’.

• 2 weeks later...

Please be advised that 8 preliminary results are now available for viewing.

The Study Criterion was completed and initial examination of selected texts undertaken.

Pegg's 'Descriptive' Theory

The documented accounts in certain ancient texts known as prophetic "dreams" or "visions" are about the contents of the 1995 produced Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean multi-media cd-rom.

To test Pegg's theory we need to conduct a REALITY-CHECK to see if it is true for all, many, some, or no ancient texts.

To do this we need to use 'If-Then' logic, and PREDICT what will happen when Pegg's theory is applied to other ancient texts. We then need to conduct EXPERIMENTS and OBSERVE what happens.

If-Then Prediction

In relation to the cited texts, IF the theory is correct, THEN we will observe that pictures from the Ancients cd-rom match to the descriptions in the cited ancient texts.

If Pegg's theory fails our reality check because its predictions do not match observations, then it can be rejected as false.

You now have the opportunity to examine 8 sets of observations to decide for yourself whether Pegg’s theory has merit or not.

LINK to ‘Examine Ancient Texts for Evidence of Time Travel’ website

These include

(NT Revelation 4:6-7)

OT Ezekiel 1:5,10

OT Daniel 7:3-8

Qur’an 42:32

(Nostradamus Century 1 Quatrain 81)

Akkadian, Babylonian, Mesopotamian Creation Stories

The Great Ennead of Heliopolis (Egyptian Gods)

Plato's Critias Dialogue – City Beneath the Sea (Atlantis)

The Egg of Brahma (Hindu Understanding)

OT Genesis Chapter 1

(Accounts by Endubsar from Sumerian Clay Tablets)

Please be advised that 8 preliminary results are now available for viewing.

The Study Criterion was completed and initial examination of selected texts undertaken.

Pegg's 'Descriptive' Theory

To test Pegg's theory we need to conduct a REALITY-CHECK to see if it is true for all, many, some, or no ancient texts.

To do this we need to use 'If-Then' logic, and PREDICT what will happen when Pegg's theory is applied to other ancient texts. We then need to conduct EXPERIMENTS and OBSERVE what happens.

If-Then Prediction

In relation to the cited texts, IF the theory is correct, THEN we will observe that pictures from the Ancients cd-rom match to the descriptions in the cited ancient texts.

If Pegg's theory fails our reality check because its predictions do not match observations, then it can be rejected as false.

You now have the opportunity to examine 8 sets of observations to decide for yourself whether Pegg’s theory has merit or not.

These include

(NT Revelation 4:6-7)

OT Ezekiel 1:5,10

OT Daniel 7:3-8

Qur’an 42:32

(Nostradamus Century 1 Quatrain 81)

Akkadian, Babylonian, Mesopotamian Creation Stories

The Great Ennead of Heliopolis (Egyptian Gods)

Plato's Critias Dialogue – City Beneath the Sea (Atlantis)

The Egg of Brahma (Hindu Understanding)

OT Genesis Chapter 1

(Accounts by Endubsar from Sumerian Clay Tablets)

So you are saying that this CD Rom was somehow taken back in time and shown to ancient people? Is it not more probable that the CD ROM is based on what the ancients said they saw?

One set of matching details could just be a coincidence, and could be the result of the makers of the cd-rom using one particular set of ancient descriptions. But over eight ancient sets of details matching is beyond a coincidence.

The same set of descriptions turn up in many ancient stories where most are associated with a messenger turning up in a bright light (or 'dream') carrying a stone of testimony (aka. wheel, tablet, plate, or disc) which tells of future things and provides 'visions'. These extra associated characteristics indicate that the same source was viewed by all the ancient writers and story tellers by the same means.

One set of matching details could just be a coincidence, and could be the result of the makers of the cd-rom using one particular set of ancient descriptions. But over eight ancient sets of details matching is beyond a coincidence.

The same set of descriptions turn up in many ancient stories where most are associated with a messenger turning up in a bright light (or 'dream') carrying a stone of testimony (aka. wheel, tablet, plate, or disc) which tells of future things and provides 'visions'. These extra associated characteristics indicate that the same source was viewed by all the ancient writers and story tellers by the same means.

That is really thin dude, John Titor was more convincing than that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, your evidence isn't even very convincing. The so called similar dreams is probably just because the human mind has similar hallucinations, like the sleep disorder that causes visions of being visited at night by demons or aliens. It's only remarkable that everyone has similar dreams if you ignore the similarity of human brains to each other.

PPHC-SG presents a new report regarding the Old Testament Book of Ezekiel chapters 1-4, 8, 9, 40, & 41.

From 8 Chapters (involving 104 verses), 198 descriptions by Ezekiel have been found to match the imagery from the Ancients cd-rom.

Three more major reports will be made available from mid June 2008:

- Egyptian texts, hieroglyphs, and stories about their Gods.

- Plato's Critias and Timaeus dialogues: The legend of Atlantis.

- Sumerian Clay Tablet stories by the scribe Endubsar.