Science Forums

Aalib: one of the geekiest libraries

To those who have linux and mplayer, if you are lucky and have aalib already installed try from the console

mplayer -vo aa  your.movie

Otherwise install the library and try it it is really worth it! Not to spoil the surprise I don't say what you see (but maybe there is no surpirse and everybody knows it already)...

Alex now you spoiled the surprise to the ones who didn't know what they would get.. :eek:

I tried -vo caca but it is less fun, because already too advanced (but I admit it is still impressing).

But you really watched 2h movies like this? Die you sit far away from the screen to recognize everything?

I watched most South Park episodes like this, as well as seasons 4 and 5 of Family guy as well as the whole Samurai Champloo series. These libs are good for high contrast animated movies (cartoons), it does not work as well on the actual movies. I gotta compile it for OS X.... i wonder if there is a VLC plug-in for it :)