Science Forums

Software adaptable?

I've written the first in a series of books, teaching English that isn't selling well (In fact nought over several months - August last year). Because of my Aspergers tendencies it has come out looking like binary code (see Preview material at Lulu.com, under Tony Sandy (Logic Lists English) - go to 'Buy' section and look under Education and Language).

As it is columns of similar material, do you think A) It could easily be converted into a computer program ;) It is worth trying, given current sales? (Nil after 6 months).

What I envisioned was a simple press key, up comes word with sound it makes, plus image or video to explain meaning (movement for verbs/ adverbs - picture for nouns/ adjectives)

• 2 weeks later...
I've written the first in a series of books, teaching English that isn't selling well (In fact nought over several months - August last year). Because of my Aspergers tendencies it has come out looking like binary code (see Preview material at Lulu.com, under Tony Sandy (Logic Lists English) - go to 'Buy' section and look under Education and Language).

As it is columns of similar material, do you think A) It could easily be converted into a computer program :naughty: It is worth trying, given current sales? (Nil after 6 months).

What I envisioned was a simple press key, up comes word with sound it makes, plus image or video to explain meaning (movement for verbs/ adverbs - picture for nouns/ adjectives)

Anything can be made into a computer program...

but creating a professional product can be time consuming

Only you can decide if it is worth it

I would try one of the free languages first that way you dont have to spend too much money but getting quality video of objects and the like,

is costly try pictures instead and would recommend a recording studio for the sounds thing otherwise you will end up with a poor product.

Peace

:)