Science Forums

Why is the universe flying apart?

JoeRoccoCassara

Does not make sense. If there are more than one universe, then each "universe" should not be called "universe", at most it can be only called "supper galaxy".

The "universe" means everything.

Hmmm, ever hear of what's called the multiverse? I know in some respects is seems self contradictory but what we see as the universe just might be a smaller part of what is known as the multiverse. In a higher dimension what we see as infinite would be quite finite. So if you can think of a 10 or 11 dimensional universe them there is room for a infinite number and viriaty of what we would see as the universe. Then you have room for many differnt branes moving through what I guess would be called hyperspace. some of these might be indentical to ours some may be wildly different. but it does mean that what we see as the begining of everything is really just a small part of everything.

Guess what Freez, Stanford linear accelerator just set up a collision between two waveforms and produced an electron and anti-electron.

LB, I myself have performed a pair production experiment, from gamma rays. Yes its amazing but its nothing new to make matter from energy, they are after all inextricably linked.