Science Forums

Buddhism 2 the opinion

motherengine

ok here goes. if the chinese government is a communist government and if they are responsible for the butchering of buddhist monks does this mean communism CAUSES violence? i would say that, like christianity, communism is a concept that has been used as an excuse to cause violence and oppression but that it is not the cause of this type of behavior.

Yes I agree, this "comunism" causes violence, even if it is not supposed to be (just as christianity isn't supposed to create hatred). That's why it's not comunism in the proper sense. Most of the christian people nowadays aren't (in my point of view) christians in the proper sense neither they are not helping out each other, they don't change the world (they could, just look at the percentage of christians in the occidental world, would every one spend 100$ the problem about feeding the third world would be solved).

So, yes it has been used as an excuse, but in christianity it's also a bit the cause: you can just pretend to not see and attend church and think you alright as you're a christian as you should be (and that if the religious leaders tell you to kill it's god's will); this isn't the case in the comunism, there should be no one being able to tell you what to do, you can't just say I killed someone but I'm comunist therefore it's ok.