Science Forums

Keylogger issue

My friend's MySpace got hacked into and a bunch of bulletins got sent out via his account. He seems to think a keylogger got shoved into his system because of a comment my cousin posted on his MySpace that had a screenshot of a video and clicking on his led to a blank page. I got the same comment but I didn't click on it. My mom also got the comment on hers, a she attempted to click on it numorous times, always getting the blank page. The bulletins that get sent out appear to have a link that lead to the same page.

TO THE POINT I don't much care about my MySpace, but I've been having issues logging into my email since about yesterday. The only difference is, my mom and I both have Windows Vista, while my friend who was having the issues still has XP. I haven't seen any strange bulletins go out through my mom's MySpace, but I don't get on that often.

I did the deep/trojan/virus/spywar/adware scan thing and nothing came up, btu that was for XP.

I don't know a bunch about keyloggers. When you design a keylogger for mal purposes, do you have to design it for a certain system type? Like XP or Vista? Or can it be used for both? How can I find out if I do indeed have a Keylogger on my computer without downloading some program? Anyone got any advice for me?

THANKS

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...