Science Forums

Political Unrest

So throughout history, every nation has had its fair share of political unrest. The political environment here in the US is getting out of hand, but its not the first time. And I'm sure this isn't the first time in history that other countries disapproved of their leaders.

My question is this: Do you think that other countries' political unrest greatly affect other political environments? And do you think the escalating political enviroment around the world will come to a peak, with some radical international change being the effect?

My question is this: Do you think that other countries' political unrest greatly affect other political environments? And do you think the escalating political enviroment around the world will come to a peak, with some radical international change being the effect?

Hi Inter,

Just an interesting note from the Australian federal election campaign.

The Firefighters Union, who have had an afilliation with the Australian Labor Party since 1913, have announced that they will urge all their members and others to vote for the Greens party to put an independent party in the position of holding the balance of power in our federal senate.

These are the guys (the real bushfire experts) who regularly get sent to places in the USA to assist your own firefighters (like in California at the moment).

. . .do you think the escalating political enviroment around the world will come to a peak, with some radical international change being the effect?

What is this? You mean you don't see the world as “going democratic” and the people of the world “enjoying the American Dream?” It would seem that you are not alone! Clearly, our secular ideals are no longer thought of as meaninful and disillusionment has spread in its place. The world is no longer so impressed with American ideals---even among the people of the U.S. themselves.

So, what can possibly reverse this trend? You infer some sort of revolution is possible down the line. Why not look back into world history and try to place where we are today? After all, this is not the only civilization to have ever existed, and the past ones had a tendency to rise and then fall. Eventually they fell rather far!---like out of existence. Where is the Mesopotamian and Egyptian societies and their religions and civilizations now?

What I am leading to is that in the past, the old civilizations all died and were replaced by new and better ideologies or religions. For example, Christianity replaced the old Egyptian religion in which people believed in some 4,000 different gods. Zorasrianism replaced the old Babylonian religion and built the Persian civilization.

This is what will happen down the line. We will have a much better belief system and it will replace both our failing secular and now obsolete religious systems. It will then go on to build a new civilization here on Earth. It will bring the world together, control population growth and colonize space.

I agree with almost everthing you have said. But not all...

You say that a new idea system will replace the ones we hold now. Well I say that that is already occuring. But "replaced" is the wrong choice of words, as I'm sure you can agree. Old religions aren't replaced, they evolve into the new ones. Just as the ancient religions affected society in a way that produced the common religions of today, the same will happen with the ideologies to come.

I agree that the world will unify, they will control population growth along with many of aspects of life, but they will never colonize space. The theme that I must press is life and death, the endless transformation of energy. Humans will one day come to a point where they believe they have created a way for the species to last forever, nullifying the natural law of life and death. But nature will show us otherwise, and there will be unimaginable hatred for existance when humans realize we are not in control. What's sad is that we don't realize the beauty of it.