Science Forums

What kind of plant is this?

HomoSapiens

not so sure i follow you. but. Mimosa pudica is a ground cover that could, i guess, be mistaken for a small vine as it can climb a bit. they have thorns and when you touch the leaves they fold up (they move a lot if you whack a bush, kind of freaky).

perhaps thats what your talking about? got a picture? or description?

Nope sorry.

My description accounts on:

Look at a rope that you can tie something on. Imagine that is a plant, green plant, they can move while their sense felt. They can catch you or even catch something and tie them up and place thorns on you.

Like that i guess. I dunno about the picture mate.

Ok well anyone seen the movie called A sound of thunder?

If anyone have. You see those people was in park after few time waves, they are frightened of animals there and plants. Anyways they went in middle of park and saw those plants crawls and caught so many things out there. So that black guy got caught on plant and got hurt by thorns. (This is what plant i'm talking about).

Worthwhile they went to apartment which that was on fire. So they went up stairs and saw those vine kinds of plant on the stairs and Charles said "Watch those brambles".

So that what i am pointing at.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You know theres a vine and Liana plants that doesn't move apart the growth. Well i saw on the movie saying brambles of this kind of plant that moves while the human or specie walks across them. It's like a rope without leaves, they have thorns on them and its green.

Help me out.:bounce:

HomoSapiens, you're not talking about Lantana are you? It's main stems are leafless and rope like and have many small spikes, a bit like a briar patch.

lan·ta·na (lān-tä'nə, -tān'ə) Pronunciation Key

n. Any of various aromatic, chiefly tropical shrubs of the genus Lantana, having dense spikes or heads and small colorful flowers.

[New Latin Lantana, genus name, from Italian dialectal lantana, wayfaring tree, viburnum, perhaps from Vulgar Latin *lentāgō, *lentāgin-, from Latin lentus, light, flexible.]