Science Forums

Cancer Treatment: Helpful or Harmful?

chenyu

----the human immunity is importmant in against cancer

Cancer is a malignant tumour.it is an incurable disease; the patient moves towards the death finally like the rotten tree. Medical treatment in cancer is only a blind experiment. It can't prolong the patient's life. It is harmful to the human body and accelerates the patient's death instead.

Cancer is formed when the mutant cell reproduces greatly. The latest views suggest that cancer cells produce all the time in human life. Usually it hasn't enough time to reproduce before it be killed by the human body's immune system. However, if the human immune system is weak the cancer cells reproduce rapidly and the cancer tumor forms. For example a country, if its military strength is very weak a rebel insurgency can develop rapidly and overthrow its government.

At present treatment to cancer included: The operation, medicine chemotherapy, radioactive rays , and the traditional Chinese medicine with superstition color. Operation chemotherapy and radiotherapy is a harmful treatment.while it works to kill cancer cells,it also unfortunately kill many healthy cells. They can't remove the cancer tumor, but destroy the human body greatly. This harmful treatment reduces the immune function of the human further, creating more opportunity for the cancer tumor's reproduction . And the traditional Chinese medicine comfort patient by psychology. It is harmful to the human body to take the traditional Chinese medicine in a large amount.

It is important to strengthen our body's immune system. Polluted food, water and air are harmful to our immunity and all fountion in our body.protecting environment is to protect our health. A fine natual environment free of pollution is the best precaution against cancer,and the best treatment to prolong the cancer patient's life.

name:chenyu.

ADDRESS:people hospital.huangchuan County.henan Province.china. code:465150

Email:[email protected] [email protected]

telephone:13598583618

home telephone:03973923000

--------------------

I like green.like to live in a small house around plants trees.like science.oppose private car.oppose high consumption.

-------------------------------------

Welcome to the forums chenyu:)

I really like your post, and I agree with you. Unfortunately, chemotherapy, radiation, and cuting the body parts are the only way for treatment. Radiation, and chemotherapy kills all cells in the body, including the good cells, that is why a patient lose hair after going through chemotherapy. These methods can also cause further mutations. We know that they are not the most favourable treatments, but they do work. A friend's mother had cancer, and she had to undergo chemotherapy, but luckily, she was cured. So these treatments do work, and it is easier to deal with them when they are still benign, so only the affected area needs treatment. Hopefully, in the future, we might be able to help cancer patient using stem cells. So we could remove the affected organ, and replace with it.

I also hear a lot about Chinese medicine, such as using some kinds of mushrooms, anyone know more about that?

Unfortunately,it chemotherapy, radiation, and cuting the body parts are the only way for treatment.

Actually Aki, I recently came into contact with someone that did a drastic lifestyle change, and no other medical interventions., and the cancer was gone within 6 months. i've also read of this in a few different magazines, but it really seemed quite far-fetched to me before. of course, it makes sense, sort of what chenyu mentions...just going totally natural in regards to diet, clean air, lots of exercise, lots of water, stress reduction... i'm sure that stranger things have happened, but i think it's just fascinating what the body is capable of, don;t you>?

funny to write that as i sit here in bed with a hurt ankle, but i think that many times, medical intervention is unnecessary... i think that many times, docs treat symptoms insteadof causes, and are way too eager to give meds to mask pain instead of looking for a cause or cure. sorry, don't mean to soap-box... chalk it up to the drugs flowing through my veins right now...

before i stop though, i should clarify that i think medical science is incredible, and i'm not saying that doctors are bad, or that all research should stop, or that people with cancer shouldn't seek any possible course of treatment that they have available to them... i just strongly feel that sometimes, the solutions are as bad(if not worse) than the problem... and that after a proper diagnosis, people should be informed of every single option, not just the path of least resistance for the doctors...

nope, i'm not bitter about any medical treatment i (or any member of my family) has received. not bitter or skeptical at all... why do you ask?:hihi:

• 11 months later...

If one looks at medical treatment if often follows advances in science. When electricity became common, electricity became a cure all. With the development of nukes, radiation became the cure all. Sadly, the most effective last ditch cancer treatment is based on 1940-1950's science. I like the idea of using nervous tissue grafts to treat cancer.

• 3 weeks later...
...Cancer is a malignant tumour.it is an incurable disease; the patient moves towards the death finally like the rotten tree. Medical treatment in cancer is only a blind experiment. It can't prolong the patient's life. It is harmful to the human body and accelerates the patient's death instead. ...
I am not sure why you contend that "cancer" is incurable. Treatment is certainly not a blind experiement. Many cancer centers (most actually) participate in large controlled trials to identify therapies that might be of merit (i.e., therapies that statistically extend life, reduce tumor size, or otherwise improve on existing therapies).

Cancers are not all the same. Some cancers (e.g., Hodgkins Lymphoma ) have significant cure rates after conventional chemotherapeutic interventions. Others are far more resistant to treatment. Many cancers are completely cured by surgery if a malignany is extracted before metastasis. Even some of the more stubborn cancers (lung, breast) have had some pretty significant increases in survival, although the actual extent of life extension is open to some debate.

• 2 months later...

Hi friends

The side effects of zyloprim drug have been discussed here. Allergic reactions such as difficulty in breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, face, or hives Blood in the urine or painful urination Rashes But anyway in comparison of other drugs it has fewer side effects for more information see-

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3111-s-zyloprim.aspx use this drug you will get more relax, with the generic name of allopurinol, works by repressing the production of uric acid in the body. Uric acid in the body has very heavy impacts so concentrate on it.

I'm aware of a few cases where chemo/radiation therapy have done good for patients, but to say that there was any "long term improvement" is moot. Death being inevitable for all of us, and all that. Great information here, guys. Lots of stuff I didn't know!

As the person I am today, I would refuse chemo or radiation therapy if it came down to it, no doubt.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I am curious if anyone has heard of the herb calls "artemisinin" ..it supposes to have cancer cell killing ability according to this website http://www.artemisinin101.com/ ...anyone has tried or have heard anyone has tried with any success? please reply

I have heard of it Artemesia annua I think "Sweet Annie"

It is a Chinese variety of wormwood and is a new excellent treatment for Maleria.

I haven't heard of its use in cancer.

There are many forms of cancer

Saying this or that is a cure is a bit like saying we have a cure for all colds which might include dozens of different bugs.

Different cancers also seem to have different hereditary/environmantal causes

eg

Colo-rectal cancer had a genetic effect of 35%, and environmental effect of 60%. So 35% of the variation in colo-rectal cancer was explained by genes.

The genetic contribution in breast cancer was 27% and the environmental was 67%.

SOURCE:http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/helthrpt/stories/s168628.htm

michael