Science Forums

Over unity space craft

What you are about to see will make anti matter matter propulsion primitive, I have studied physics through and through, making sure that there were no flaws.

ImageShack - Hosting :: overunityspacecraftxe8.png

ImageShack - Hosting :: overunityspacecraftxe8.png

An equal amount of gravity causes a wheel to spin at an ever acceleratingly rate just like a person falling, this spinning wheel causes friction which produces energy that supplies power to the rocket boosters. Two waves of gravity spin around each other, constantly excel rating, battling each other, and the wheel is caught in the middle of it.

ImageShack - Hosting :: overunitydeviceuu4.png

Now a huge problem is that friction wheres down material, but we can make so that every time the wheel is melted it forms back harder immediately, we can do that with atoms that have super potent neutrons, protons, quarks and electrons, that freeze the atoms every time they are heated.

So we have little friction growing into a super nova of energy, and soft regenerative material, growing into a completely immune material.

The over unity device is inside of a ripple in space time, were the laws of physics do not apply, this allows the gravity to accelerate the wheel limitlessly.

In order to open up the ripple in space time you would have to follow fundamental laws, for example, Artificial bacteria that can slightly manipulate micro objects with out touching them are called Mediclorians.

Make mediclorians reproduce and grow.

inject these mediclorians into a human embryo, and they will merge, this embryo will grow into a man that can manipulate objects with out touching them, if this man were to reproduce his baby would have stronger mediclorians. In about 300 years of evaluation there will come a man that can curve less space time into more (generate ripples in space time) by manipulating space time itself.

A cheep way to curve space time.

And there lies the end of all problems, artificial bacteria.

I give credit to George Lucas for thinking of mediclorians, and I give credit to me for thinking of real life artificial bacterias mixed with human genes.

I give credit to the makers of Star Trek for thinking of the ripple in space time, and I give credit to me for thinking of a perpetual motion device inside of it.

Gravity makes objects fall, it pushes them.

If two waves of gravity are pushing a wheel in two different directions, the wheel will spin, and like a person falling, the longer it falls, in one direction, the faster it falls in, that direction.

So lets say one side of the wheel was falling up, and the other side was falling down, than it wouldn't break in half, it would spin because the sides are attached. At the center of this wheel is a hole, in this hole is a rod, or a long pole, the wheel scrapes against the rod as it spins, the rod doesn't spin because it is attached to the space craft, look at the first picture, or the second or the third. A the center of it, lies the wheel.

If the rod at the center of the wheel stands still, and the wheel spins at light speed, then they will scrape surfaces causing so much heat, that it produces tons of energy. This energy is channeled through wires to the rocket boosters.

Thats as simple as it gets.

Let’s look at the essentials of Gardamorg’s latest design, a wheel that turns at ever-increasing speed without external energy input. What makes this happen is

Two waves of gravity spin around each other, constantly excelrating, battling each other, and the wheel is caught in the middle of it.
This description has serious problems, which I suspect arise from the misconception that gravity acts on bodies like ocean waves act on floating objects, pushing them the way steep waves appear to push a surfboard.

Although the word “wave” is used to describe both phenomena involving changes in gravitational fields and ocean waves, gravity doesn’t work like ocean waves. It behaves almost exactly according to the law of universal gravitation, which is given for 2 bodies by the formula [math]F = \frac{m_1 m_2 G}{d^2}[/math], where [math]F[/math] is the force exerted on each body, [math]m_1[/math] and [math]m_2[/math] are the mass of each body, [math]d[/math] is the distance between the bodies, and [math]G[/math] is a constant that makes the equation work using standard units (for kg, meters, and seconds, [math]G \dot= 6.67 \times 10^{-11} \mbox{m^3/kg/s}[/math]). According to the best-verified current theory, General Relativity, gravity behaves slightly differently than this, but not enough that we need be concerned for systems like spinning wheels.

It’s not too difficult to make a gravitational field where a bit of matter on the edge of a wheel experiences a force in exactly the opposite direction of one on the exact opposite of the wheel. From a standstill, this wheel will begin turning. An example of such an arrangement is a Cavendish beam. Most of the complexity of this device is due to the “engineered” gravitation field (typically from a pair of big lead balls) being very small compared to the ambient gravitational field (due to the Earth), but, in principle, taken far away from Earth and using bigger balls, this arrangement could cause a very big wheel to accelerate at an appreciable rate. You could attach motors, friction plates, or what-have-you to it, and get energy to do all sorts of things, including ejecting reaction mass from a rocket motor to accelerate the whole apparatus.

The problem is, at some point, the gravitational field must begin working in an opposite direction, slowing the wheel to a standstill, then accelerating it in the opposite direction of rotation. With each “swing” – though Cavendish beams are typically not allowed to complete even a single swing, and aren’t physically constructed to allow it, they are in essence pendulums – the wheel will turn less by an amount determined by the energy extracted by the attached motors, rocket-heaters, etc., until it comes to a standstill. The amount of energy provided to the rocket motors and other devices will be no greater than the amount of energy used to place the wheel and the field-generator (the balls) in their initial position.

Gardamorg mentioned that “two waves of gravity spin around each other”. It would indeed be possible to cause the gravitational field that moves the wheel to spin so that the wheel’s speed always increased. To do this, however, energy would have to be added to the field generator to spin it. Rockets could work - however, the energy gained by the rockets supplied by wheel could not exceed that spent by the rockets accelerating the field generator.

You’d be better off just using the field generator rockets to propel the spacecraft, sparing it the mass and complexity of the wheel, friction plate, and additional rocket motors.

Gardamorg, what you’ve designed is yet another impossible perpetual motion machine. Although you say

… I have studied physics through and through, making sure that there were no flaws.
there are flaws obvious to anyone with even an introductory education in Physics. I think you’ve not studied Physics well enough yet.

A final word on the phrase “over unity”: For most serious scientists and science enthusiasts, the term evokes images of poorly-educated crack-pots and unscrupulous charlatans (the latter typically preying on the former). It’s not a term I’d recommend using in the title of thread describing an idea for a spacecraft.

As used currently by people who look favorably on the term, and have at least an introductory appreciation of physics, “over unity” usually doesn’t mean the same thing as “perpetual motion”, but rather describes a machine that obtains energy from a mysterious or difficult to access source. For example, some have suggested that it is possible to exploit the Casimir effect on a large scale to extract energy from quantum fluctuation in empty space. While not a credible science site, this 21stcentruryradio.com article gives a decent summary of this fringe scientific field of study.

In a sense, many machines are “over unity”. For example, the small amount of energy to turn the ignition key and press the clutch and throttle pedals results in a lot of energy being released by a car. If we’re willing to consider the chemical energy of burning gasoline “mysterious or difficult to access”, and exclude it from scientific analysis, we can consider a car an over unity system.

Were there laws of physics before our universe was around?

If there were, than explain the big bang theory, or disprove it.

The "laws of physics" are a set of axioms and maxims which remain as a consistent approximation of reality (or, more specifically, our perception of it). These laws allow us to study that which is and also to anticipate that which may be. However, they are an approximation, and they are just ideas shared in meaningful ways.

The BB is yet another idea. It seems valid based on empirical evidence. It does not answer all questions, nor do most intelligent scientists see it is the final explanation. The best answers are those which lead to new questions.

Anyway, you ignored my question by posing your own...

It's always right now. :)

I figured that because I didn't know that the laws of physics were based on empirical evidence.

But even so, if my mediclorian/embryo evolved into a space time manipulating power, than he would still be able to release stored energy, by creating a knot in space time, and a ripple in space time, and making them annihilate each other.

The artificial manipulating gene could solve all a lot of problems, even if not all.

300 years is easy to pass with hyper sleep, and with enough propaganda, I bet we could get impatient people to agree to the luxury.