Science Forums

Question / Polls

hug

I'm a reasonably new member, with 10 or so posts under my belt, and lots of experience considering matters of moral philosophy. I'd like to start a thread with a great community poll question, but when I try to start a thread in either the philosophy section or the social science section, I don't see the "start a poll" option. Am I trying to start a poll in the wrong areas? Or, have I not been here long enough to be allowed to start a poll? Please let me know how I should move forward with this. If I'm not "experienced" enough, but if you'd like to preview the poll question and determine whether you think it's good, I'd be happy to let you preview it, to make sure it meets standards. But, I would like to start it as soon as possible. Thanks. Looking forward to your answer and instructions. :bloom:

When you start a new thread, you will notice that there is an option in the "Additional Options" section under where you enter your post that gives you the opportunity to "Post a Poll". If you would like to practice doing so so that you understand how to do it, we have the Test Forum precisely for that purpose.

Please ask questions! Its the only way to learn!

Have fun!

Buffy

Thank you Buffy. While I have your attention here, I have another question: Are we supposed to thank you (or others) in this way, leaving a post in order to thank someone, without any additional substance to the post other than "thank you"? Or, are "thank you" posts viewed as just clogging up the system? Is there a specific norm on this, or just use judgment and use "thank you's" selectively?

I always tell my kid that the most important secret for success in life is saying "please" and "thank you." You won't find me discouraging you! :(

OTOH, if you look up and to the right of this post, you'll see a little green box: that box allows you to "give reputation" to the person who made the post. It lets them know directly that you appreciated it, without posting it in public. You can also use it to let people know that you don't like what they are saying as well! Keeps things neat and tidy. You can find more about reputation 7215.

No, thank *you*, :hihi:

Buffy

• 2 months later...