Science Forums

Baby Minds

OpenMind5

I'm don't understand the question. Information is stored and retrieved through chemical reactions that originate in your central nervous system. Your memory starts to build up as soon as you are conscious. (This discussion is about the theories being applied to that topic) We know that every experience is passed through previous memory before it is stored. You cannot ever repeat an experience, you can only review it as it was interpreted when it occurred.

There really has not been a concesus on what memory actually is. There a a few components such as psychological, chemical and physical. The most understood is the physical. Each neuron develops dentrites (Conections w/ other neurons). This network forms a "framework in which various connections are made. As for the other two components, I have not really seen any studies lately to delve into their mechanics.

I can remember being an infant; one particular setting anyway. I was in a basinet & my mother was bathing me. I remember the dresser in the room, the sides of the basinet & well.. being a baby. On the brain' :hihi: s organization thing, Noam Chomsky showed through his research the human mind is "hard wired' for language. All babies babble & coo for example no matter their culture/ethnicity.

• 2 weeks later...

The human mind is a great thing...

I just remebered somthing...actually my brother pointed it out...

have any of u seen baby genious? Well i guess in that movie the babies are their own people, and once they hit a certain age, they almost devolve and forget their "genious" life. Kinda a funny thing to think about. But i think it implies split personalities....hmmm

Op5