Science Forums

Solving for G, f(hu,lu,tu,a,pi)

infamous

I have calculated a value for G using the super-constants;(hu,lu,tu,a,pi). If anyone at this forum would be interested in viewing the figures and discussing the value of my work, please respond to this invitation. My equations are balanced and dimensionless and don't require the use of the number ten raised exponentially. If as I believe my figures are correct, this should be of significent and reasonable value for establishing a link between the electromagnetic and gravitational forces. I will accept any and all constructive criticism. Thanks for your help, infamous.

Thanks for showing a little interest, something that is in short supply today. To answer your question; lu = radius of the electron, 2.817940285E-13. tu = re/c, 9.3998639746E-24, hu = (e^2/c), 7.695580763E-30, a = the fine structure constant, 7.297351997E-2 and pi is 3.14159265359. Let me know how your calculations come out. All figures in cgs units.

Infamous,

I looked at this and it has intrigued me very much. I don't know lots about physics, but some. Would you be able to post or message me a *commentary* of sorts on the equations you have laid out. Your help would be much appreciated in my quest for knowledge :)

thanks,

Severus

Thanks for the interest severus; I'll need to compose a detailed explaination of this on a spread sheet and attach it to my next post. Generally speaking, I have been trying to establish a mathematical relationship between all the physical constants which in turn might form a foundation for unifing all four forces. This is only, at present, a mathematical formulation, and may be flawed by some other factor. I'm not really and expert, so don't quote any of these calculations as fact, I'm still looking for some help with these results. Thanks again for your interest.

Tormod; I'm not sure, all I have is a mathematical equation. Like I said, I need someone like yourself to examine the figures and determine any credibility. There is to much about physics that I don't know. I'll certainly trust your opinions about these calculations. Thanks for your assistance.

Could you please try and arrange this for me. As I have stated, these are just mathametical calculating, and might be flawed. I have checked my work many times over, but there could still be a mistake lurking in there somewhere. All values are in cgs. units which should make the equation balanced. There may also be some other physical reason why the conclusions drawn may in fact be bogus. Thank you for any help with this that you can muster.

I have given a copy of the attatchments you have made to a physics teacher in my school, who has quite a large amount of knowledge on the subject. He has been very interested in it o far and has been ponderin gon the subject for the past few days. I will give you some feedback on what he says in the near future.

well i'm back, so i can say something :)

First of all: welcome! and thanks for the interesting post!

i checked the last line of your 2nd document: (G) = (hu.lu. a-1)^(1/3)/(tu.a.p)^(1/4.111… ), with the provided values for the constants, and i get G= 1.7690e-008 (using Matlab). so maybe a typo somewhere?

btw how did you calculate the equations? The numbers are huge, so you should high precission floating point numbers. (and probably still have some error)

but there are 2 more important remarks then that:

1) if i write the first line as: (hu)^x1(lu)^x2(tu)^x3(a)^x4(pi)^x5 = G^x6, where x1 etc are constants, i in principle have 2 algebraic equations with 6 unknown variables. the 2 equations are 1: given by the experimental values of the constants, 2 the requirement that the dimensions work out. elementary algebra says that such a system of equations can always be solved, and since the number of variables is larger then the number of equations, the sollution is not unique. So it is possible to write down an infinitenumber of other coefficients.

2) the coefficients given are experimental values (except pi, but thatis still only an approximation). So a change in the experimental value (which is bound to happen, these things get updated all the time), would mean a change in your formula. so unlike e.g. E=mc^2, where a different value of c would mean a different value of the energy associated with a certain mass, your formula won't be able to make a prediction (because the formula itself would have to change).

Bo

Hello Bo; Thanks for looking at these figures, I appreciate your interest. There is probably a typo somewhere because I've worked this out on an Excel spread sheet and our conclusions are considerably different. I'm going to prepare this spread sheet for you to examine, If you would have an interest? The calculations will be represented on the formula bar for you to investgate. I do realize that as experimental values draw closer to the true values for these individual factors, the final answer will also change to a degree. My attempt here is to establish a competent mathematical relationship between the forces of nature. Because I believe that G is equal to a function of (hu,lu,tu,a,and pi), finding this matematical relationship is of great interest to me. All the help you can provide, support and constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks again.

Hey Bo; I quess I won't be able to send this attachment to you because this document will not process on this post. If you have access to Microsoft Excel program I would like to send you a floppy so you could examine the calculations. Let me know what address I'll need to ship it to and I'll get it in the mail for you. Thanks again for your help with this exercise.