Science Forums

Solving for G, f(hu,lu,tu,a,pi)

infamous

i see the problem; the value of the fine structure constant you gave (and thus i used..)is a factor of 10 to high, with the correct value it comes out ok.

Why do you believe that g is written as a function of these numbers?

in principle these are only 4 fundamental quantities (fine structure constant, radius of electron, c, and h (planck))(and if you want pi...)

For example: why is the electron important, and not the tauon and the muon (the 'heavy' electrons). Also e.g. the cabibbo and weinberg angles are fundamental (they describe the mixing between the 3 families: electron, muon,tauon).

And then we only have the electromagnetic constants. It has been showed that at high enough energies the EM force is unified with the weak force, so that would bring even more constants to consider... (and for a unified theory of weak, strong and EM, there are even more constants...)

You can mail the excel to [email protected]

Bo

i see the problem; the value of the fine structure constant you gave (and thus i used..)is a factor of 10 to high, with the correct value it comes out ok.

Why do you believe that g is written as a function of these numbers?

in principle these are only 4 fundamental quantities (fine structure constant, radius of electron, c, and h (planck))(and if you want pi...)

For example: why is the electron important, and not the tauon and the muon (the 'heavy' electrons). Also e.g. the cabibbo and weinberg angles are fundamental (they describe the mixing between the 3 families: electron, muon,tauon).

And then we only have the electromagnetic constants. It has been showed that at high enough energies the EM force is unified with the weak force, so that would bring even more constants to consider... (and for a unified theory of weak, strong and EM, there are even more constants...)

You can mail the excel to [email protected]

Bo

Thanks Bo for your interest, I'll prepare some of this material for you and send it your way. This will take me some time to complete so it may be a few days before you get the material. Thanks again. Infamous