Science Forums

What is the ultimate point of a religion?

clapstyx

Heres a potential answer to my own question..for I did seek to divine the answer somehow. lol

The ultimate point of religion is "to exist in a divine reality" within "divine" being taken to mean "the most upper level of consciousness". I think personally that this would include the highest conceivable concept of harmony with a concept inclusive of a universal ideal". I personally would accept that as a divine reality to live my life on a daily basis with some sense of participation in the creation of an absolute ultimate of some kind that even when all the minds on the planet were challenged to conceptualise a more superlative pursuit they could think of none and we all took positions in relation to that. So lets say to put that into context imagine it this way. Christ after all the proof bullshit has been dealt with says "OK here is a strategy for the creation of harmony on any level ..just think of this concept"

Would people wish to think of that concept? Even knowing that once they did, and everybody was thinking of it in some way, and so they were all thinking of the same thing and that in itself was an expression of harmony because they were all wondering what that great concept of harmony was going to be and whether it would be enough to completely prove he was real enough to believe in until he came up with some other concept to double prove it like here is the opening page to the blueprints for the creation of universal simbiotic harmony or something like that..and they wondered if that was possible that harmony could be expanded to that degree by any one divine or otherwise because up until that point they would not have been able to conceptualise that possibility and so how could they believe.