Science Forums

Russia Offered Bounties To Kill U.s. Troops?

montgomery

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/russia-offered-bounties-to-kill-american-soldiers-in-afghanistan-nbc-news-confirms-86242885983

I'm aware that this question is opening a huge can of worms that might be too much to deal with on a board like this, but maybe somebody wants to give it a shot.

I'll just say that if it's true, then why wouldn't they? It's common knowledge that the US took part on many occasions in plots to kill Russian troops in their war on Afghanistan. It's not like as if anybody thinks the two country's don't hate each other's guts.

But then the story is morphing into something much more than supposed evil deed by Russia. One deviation is on whether or not Trump knew about it? 

Anybody interested is of course open to leading the story anyway he/she likes, based on his/her political priorities?

I don’t see any real difference between the Russians providing the Taliban with weapons (which we know they are doing) or offering a bounty to kill US and coalition troops. There is no doubt that our CIA did exactly the same things when it was the Russians’ turn in Afghanistan. It is just standard operating procedure; anyone who thinks otherwise is naïve.

Where neither side follows any rules of engagement, the objective is to out-guerrilla the guerrillas any way you can. One of the Taliban’s most effective tactics is to use suicide bombers. I doubt if those guys lived to collect any bounties. Maybe the Russians wire-transferred the money to Paradise, where the 72 horney virgins are waiting?

There would have been little point in briefing Trump about this, as it is a local matter between the Russian GRU and the US CIA and special forces to work out, on the ground in Afghanistan, in their own sordid way.

This is making headlines because this is an election year and the mainstream media is in the bag for the democrats, so the media will play it up for all that it is worth. The republicans did that with the Benghazi incident, but Benghazi was very real; no anonymous sources were needed there.

Trump denies knowing anything about it as does Putin. Richard Grenell, who served as acting director of national intelligence until last month, says he never heard about this. Even the Taliban deny it. All the msm have to go on is “anonymous sources”.

I don’t see how this will change anyone’s mind about anything.

Breeze, you pretty well have it right with that but if you don't think Trump was informed, you're wrong. The main point is though, it's no big deal but the Dems are making it a big deal to get at Trump.And of course Putin knows/knew too.

As for the virgins, I would much rather have them as opposed to useless wings on my back.

Edited by montgomery

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/russia-offered-bounties-to-kill-american-soldiers-in-afghanistan-nbc-news-confirms-86242885983

I'm aware that this question is opening a huge can of worms that might be too much to deal with on a board like this, but maybe somebody wants to give it a shot.

I'll just say that if it's true, then why wouldn't they? It's common knowledge that the US took part on many occasions in plots to kill Russian troops in their war on Afghanistan. It's not like as if anybody thinks the two country's don't hate each other's guts.

But then the story is morphing into something much more than supposed evil deed by Russia. One deviation is on whether or not Trump knew about it? 

Anybody interested is of course open to leading the story anyway he/she likes, based on his/her political priorities?

I really didn't think anybody read MSNBC news anymore. :lol:  Talk about a fake news site. Well more propaganda then fake news they just spin it to fit the narrative they want the people to see. I think OceanBreeze hit the nail on the head with his answer.

I really didn't think anybody read MSNBC news anymore. :lol:  Talk about a fake news site. Well more propaganda then fake news they just spin it to fit the narrative they want the people to see. I think OceanBreeze hit the nail on the head with his answer.

The news is pretty much the same regardless of what site you choose.

The correct interpretation of the story is that it's hate propaganda against Russia that's meant to demonize Trump.

So even though Trump will undoubtedly do much more damage to America if they don't find some way of getting rid of him, he's still likely the best bet for world peace. 

The Dem party is taking this hate for Russia too far with this one. 

The news is pretty much the same regardless of what site you choose.

The correct interpretation of the story is that it's hate propaganda against Russia that's meant to demonize Trump.

So even though Trump will undoubtedly do much more damage to America if they don't find some way of getting rid of him, he's still likely the best bet for world peace. 

The Dem party is taking this hate for Russia too far with this one. 

That should tell you something that the news is pretty much the same no matter what mainstream site you go on. The only difference is that Fox is slanted to the right and CNN is slanted to the left. I am not a big fan of Trump but explain to me why people hate him so much and why they say he has done damage to America? It seems the only people that say that are the leftist that can't handle Trump because he is not PC enough and don't bow down to Nancy Pelosi and the Neocons. If anybody should be thrown out of office it is Nancy Pelosi!! She had been in for 30 years and has caused more destruction to the US then mostly anyone left in there.

This media outlet gets it pretty close to right: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/three-glaring-problems-with-the-nyt-russian-taliban-bounty-story/

The trouble is, the American people are pretty much sold on the story of the bounties. It's just too on script and satisfying to believe about Russia/Putin for it not to be true! And so even if it wasn't true, can anybody actually believe that both the US and Russia have played dirty tricks on each other to an extent that would make this story look like a nursery rhyme meant for first graders?

And we all know that Trump made his bed with Russia and now he has to sleep in it. The big deal now is on the Scotus finding that Trump's tax records be released, and then they show some shady dealings with Russia as has been accused.

Yeah, that's what I said. 

And so where would one start on Trump? How about how he's corrupted the justice system of the US for a start?

The US justice system was way corrupt long before Trump. What most people don't seem to realize is Trump has not even been in 4 years yet. Many of the problems were not caused by him. They were caused by the same entities that are always in charge behind the curtain. And It may even be that in the beginning Obama and Trump wanted to make a difference and bring good to the US. But as they say once you are elected you are taken into a room to watch JFK's head blown off and ask if you have any questions. So ponder on that for a moment. A US president really doesn't have much power at all. He is just the front man to take all the hate or the love.

And like I have said before in this left-right paradigm scheme. If you fall for the leftist views for the most part you are a Trump hater and Obama lover. If you fall for the rightest views you are an Obama hater and a Trump lover. While as you have heard of the slogan. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. It's the same puppet with a difference face, and keep the left and right at each other's throats. While the ones behind the curtain take all your rights and all your money slowly in the totalitarian tiptoe.

Edited by Thoth101

Thoth:

The US justice system was way corrupt long before Trump.

Trump has rapidly taken it to new and much higher levels of corruption. A-G Barr is an example of complete corruption.

They were caused by the same entities that are always in charge behind the curtain.

What is this curtain you're talking about? It's not been establlsihed that a curtain exists.

The room where Kennedy's head is blown off is too far out for me to discuss.

This is a thread about bounties. See Victor's new thread for a discussion on who's behind some imaginary curtain.

• 1 year later...