91 replies to this topic

#35 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:12 AM

Quote Wikipedia link: "Secretly, the United States agreed that it would dismantle all US-built Jupiter MRBMs, which had been deployed in Turkey against the Soviet Union;............."

Quote Victor: "..............If the nuclear weapons would have been placed on Cuba during the last time the U.S. would have nuked"

Maybe but that is a question on the M.A.D. deterrent against a US led war. Both sides backed off and prevented a 'possible' WW3.

What would Trump have done if he was president back then???

#36 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:33 AM

What would Trump have done if he was president back then???

That's a tough question, so I'll try to build on a  possible scenario that includes the largest factor that was supposed to be kept secret from Americans. That is of course, the fact that Kruschev knew that he was justified because of US attempts to pose the same threat to the S.U. in Turkey and possibly Italy.

So first the question on whether or not Kennedy was responsible for the decision to risk nuclear war. I would suggest that would be a matter that would be above the pay grade of any president. It's a purposeful illusion created by the US to make it appear that the president has made a decision. That's now well known to America's enemies, thanks to their mentally ill president!

And so in the case of Trump, it would be even more important that Trump would be of no importance in the least on how he thought or felt. And so, we would need to consider the feelings and opinions of those minds who have the power to make decisions within the Trump regime. 

In my opinion it's always going to boil down to the question of M.A.D. being considered and US decisions being made on that basis.

US foreign policy isn't in the hands of their president (commander in chief bullshit). On those matters of great importance, the president is a figurehead. How could anyone not understand that in the case of Trump?

Do you agree? Your opinion?

Edited by montgomery, 20 June 2020 - 11:35 AM.

#37 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

Trump likes money, he has declared that Europe is a threat. A trade war is more up his street than a military war. 

I think it may be in Americas, and Russias interests to cause the break up of or instability in Europe, Brexit was supported by Trump, and his twin brother Coco the Clown. Putin was probably laughing his socks off when the ENGLISH voted for brexit . Europe has been taking communist influenced countries away from Russia. It is a natural response for Russia to respond, for America to join in, against allies can only be because America can not compete against Europe. To impose a trade deal with a small country like the UK would be easy, to impose a trade deal with all of Europe would not be so easy.     

Russia and especially America have economies based on military. America has ideas of policing the world, and spreading its ****ed up influence to other countries, along with Russia. China however has only indicated a wish to trade outside its borders, without trying to influence other countries politics. 

I do not see China as a threat, except to fair trade. (they are known not to play fair :) ) Copyright to the Chinese, I suspect means they have the right to copy a product. 

I think that the question on Trump's behaviour concerning trade with other countries can be answered in the same way that military matters are handled concerning American's enemies. It's also above Trump's pay grade. 

It can be measured in how cautious Mnuchin and others are in keeping Trump thinking that his opinion matters. 

On Brexit: I know very little on the details because I haven't found it of much interest. The reason for that lack of interest is because I would consider that Putin would be displeased on seeing the UK leave. The US will be able to benefit from a stronger and greater alliance with the UK.

Of some interest though, we already see Germany failing to abide by US demands against Russia and  China.

You wrote: "I do not see China as a threat, except to fair trade. (they are known not to play fair  :) ) Copyright to the Chinese, I suspect means they have the right to copy a product."

With due respect to your opinion, I see it as just sour grapes by the US and nothing they wouldn't do themselves with impunity. 

#38 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:58 PM

Hmmmm........I don't know.

Hey! How about Canada?  We could use some more snowmobile country.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 20 June 2020 - 03:53 PM.

#39 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:27 PM

Is it your opinion that a police officer be allowed to shoot a person if that person tries to assault him/her with a nailclipper?

I don't think it is reasonable to use deadly force if someone has a nail clipper. In an instance like that pepper spray I think would be the more obvious thing to use.

Edited by Thoth101, 20 June 2020 - 09:28 PM.

#40 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:32 PM

I think that racism in America is a huge factor in America and it's driving their politics more than anything else. This could result in the police being emboldened to be even more violent.

Arrests of police officers and murder charges are of little significance when the justice system is rigged so there will be no convictions.

If Trump is defeated at the ballot boxes and actually accepts defeat then their country could find it's way back to normal again. If not then there are many signs of a fascist takeover of their democracy. 

I think that everything political being attempted by the Trump regime is dependent on racism being upheld. And I also wonder if Biden has any real feelings on opposing racism? 

There was an anti-establishment move on in America in the 2016 election but Trump hijacked it by lying and pretending to be anti-establsihment. While their Dem party hijacked Bernie Sanders chances by promoting Hillary, even though she was a horrible candidate. Now their Dem party had hijacked Bernie's chances again by turninig to a very weak establishment candidate with Biden.

America's problems show no sign of improving in the foreseeable future, regardless of it being either Trump or Biden.

I think that Trump is the best prospect for those of us who are opposed to another US led war. Do you?

On a side note, the Bolton book that's hot in the news is all about Bolton being so disappointed in Trump's unwillingness to be aggressive toward both Russia and China, that it came to the point at which Bolton the hawk was too much out of step with Trump's priorities.

The factor is that the MSM and Elite use race to divide and conquer. From my own experience most races get along well in the US. The controllers create an illusional division between races and even get them set off against each other. The justice system for many parts are rigged and the more money you have the more you can get off.

#41 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

From an outsiders view point, I would have to disagree with you, Trump is more likely to cause wars, if he thinks he can make money. He clearly does not get along with many European leaders, and sees Europe as a threat. War is good for the arms business, and trade wars might move jobs and businesses back to the dis-USA.

His overt friendliness with President Putin, might support the claims that Russia helped him get elected. It is militarily in Russia's interests not to have a united Europe and a dis-USA. His unwillingness to be aggressive towards China, might also be due to China having a huge market place, that might be good to trade with, and China does not mess around in other countries internal affairs. It would not be good to change that position by pissing them off. 

Bolton seems to support a common opinion of Trump, which many people globally hold. https://www.youtube....h?v=17LiZN9Mer0

The fact is though in the almost 4 years Trump has been in there has been no new war. Although it's not like he is pulling any troops out of Iraq or Afghanistan so in a sense you can say the US is in a perpetual or never ending war.

#42 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:41 PM

And if the U.S. wanted to pursue war with China and Russia we would just execute them, unlike Canada or Europe, The U.S. has bunches of weapons of mass destruction enough to wipe out the entire Earth, but that won't happen because we are forced into a cold war with Russia, not so much China, this is because the Russians also have enough weapons of mass destruction to exterminate this species. they could do it all on their own Russia and The United States. The U.S. government can do anything it wants without any permission in this world, unlike the governments of weak nations. don't you understand? 

U.S. Conflicts with Russia

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Korean_War

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Vietnam_War

Not to mention reversed engineered alien ships and technology. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Russian, China and Iran have reverse engendered alien ships also. If you ever watch the show Hangar 1 on Netflix they have a few episodes and information on reverse engineering.

#43 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

That's a tough question, so I'll try to build on a  possible scenario that includes the largest factor that was supposed to be kept secret from Americans. That is of course, the fact that Kruschev knew that he was justified because of US attempts to pose the same threat to the S.U. in Turkey and possibly Italy.

So first the question on whether or not Kennedy was responsible for the decision to risk nuclear war. I would suggest that would be a matter that would be above the pay grade of any president. It's a purposeful illusion created by the US to make it appear that the president has made a decision. That's now well known to America's enemies, thanks to their mentally ill president!

And so in the case of Trump, it would be even more important that Trump would be of no importance in the least on how he thought or felt. And so, we would need to consider the feelings and opinions of those minds who have the power to make decisions within the Trump regime. 

In my opinion it's always going to boil down to the question of M.A.D. being considered and US decisions being made on that basis.

US foreign policy isn't in the hands of their president (commander in chief bullshit). On those matters of great importance, the president is a figurehead. How could anyone not understand that in the case of Trump?

Do you agree? Your opinion?

I do think Trump is operating out of his depth (facial appearance suggests high performing downs syndrome maybe). I also agree that he might be mentally ill.

If Trump is of no importance in the decision making of the states, it might explain some things.

If he was to be put under pressure, just how irrational would he become, would he go MAD, and need locking up, or would he agree to lock himself up, and Tweet anything that comes into his head, whilst the real decisions are made for him. 

As a spokes person for the USA, he appears to be a bit lacking in many areas of understanding. Who would want to be lead by an ignorant person. He does appear to have the power to fire his advisers and get votes, maybe he appeals to the ignorant majority of voters in America. 

I think that the question on Trump's behaviour concerning trade with other countries can be answered in the same way that military matters are handled concerning American's enemies. It's also above Trump's pay grade. 

It can be measured in how cautious Mnuchin and others are in keeping Trump thinking that his opinion matters. 

On Brexit: I know very little on the details because I haven't found it of much interest. The reason for that lack of interest is because I would consider that Putin would be displeased on seeing the UK leave. The US will be able to benefit from a stronger and greater alliance with the UK.

Of some interest though, we already see Germany failing to abide by US demands against Russia and  China.

You wrote: "I do not see China as a threat, except to fair trade. (they are known not to play fair  :) ) Copyright to the Chinese, I suspect means they have the right to copy a product."

With due respect to your opinion, I see it as just sour grapes by the US and nothing they wouldn't do themselves with impunity. 

Why would you think that Germany or any other country comply with demands from an outside power, all countries in the world are free to trade with who they like. China is a huge market place, and is going to overtake the USA  in trade with the rest of the world, Europe is also a big market place. Crying fowl and changing the rules of play, when you are losing might be what Trump is trying to do.

Regarding Trade agreements, they take a long time to set up with mutually agreeable terms for trade. New agreements are not drawn up over night. 

#44 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:54 AM

I do think Trump is operating out of his depth (facial appearance suggests high performing downs syndrome maybe). I also agree that he might be mentally ill.

If Trump is of no importance in the decision making of the states, it might explain some things.

If he was to be put under pressure, just how irrational would he become, would he go MAD, and need locking up, or would he agree to lock himself up, and Tweet anything that comes into his head, whilst the real decisions are made for him. 

As a spokes person for the USA, he appears to be a bit lacking in many areas of understanding. Who would want to be lead by an ignorant person. He does appear to have the power to fire his advisers and get votes, maybe he appeals to the ignorant majority of voters in America. 

Why would you think that Germany or any other country comply with demands from an outside power, all countries in the world are free to trade with who they like. China is a huge market place, and is going to overtake the USA  in trade with the rest of the world, Europe is also a big market place. Crying fowl and changing the rules of play, when you are losing might be what Trump is trying to do.

Regarding Trade agreements, they take a long time to set up with mutually agreeable terms for trade. New agreements are not drawn up over night. 

Well for starters that was funny what you said about high performing down syndrome. :lol: One major problem is that there really isn't a vote for the president. Last time it was between Hillary and Trump. Dumb and Dumber or Evil and more evil. Any candidate that would be good usually loses out and it is the ones with the most money and backing from lobbyist that can run. Now the next election is between Trump and Biden. This is why I don't vote because it is a total waste of time and useless in the end.

#45 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

If Cartoon character America turns renegade then Cartoon character Nato will  nuke Cartoon America! 

An injury to one animated character is an injury to all ..................etc.

Edited by montgomery, 21 June 2020 - 10:12 AM.

#46 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:24 AM

The factor is that the MSM and Elite use race to divide and conquer. From my own experience most races get along well in the US. The controllers create an illusional division between races and even get them set off against each other. The justice system for many parts are rigged and the more money you have the more you can get off.

The MSM is just expressing the thoughts and feelings of the people. I have to reject the 'fake news' idea because when Americans are asked to elaborate on what it is, there is no response. Do you know yourself?

I agree that America's justice system is rigged, but I don't agree on the connection to America's huge income inequality problem. That's the rigged American way of greedy capitalism while the world's leading capitalist countries are practicing 'socially' responsible capitalism and leaving Americans behind in poverty.

https://dailyhive.co...ality-life-2019

America has fallen to 17th. and China already follows closely at 20th.

This has a lot to do with the reason why Americans accepted Trump in desperation, but Trump lied about fixing the problem.

America's racism problem is much too evident to be hidden or denied.  

Edited by montgomery, 21 June 2020 - 10:29 AM.

#47 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Have you mistaken the acronym 'M.A.D.' for a reference to Trump's mental illness? 

I would suggest it's not helpful to suggest that Trump is afflicted with 'down syndrome'.  Trump's mental illness is narcissism by definition.

America has traditionally had the power to force or convince other countries to abide by America's wishes, but is quickly losing that power because of those other countries having a choice of other large and powerful countries. 

Think both militarily and economicallly. It's a long and detailed discussion. Cuba's liberation from under US sanctions and dirty tricks is one of the most glaring examples.

#48 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:50 AM

Well for starters that was funny what you said about high performing down syndrome. :lol: One major problem is that there really isn't a vote for the president. Last time it was between Hillary and Trump. Dumb and Dumber or Evil and more evil. Any candidate that would be good usually loses out and it is the ones with the most money and backing from lobbyist that can run. Now the next election is between Trump and Biden. This is why I don't vote because it is a total waste of time and useless in the end.

Voila! A choice between Trump and Biden is just a choice to continue the failed American way of cheating the people out of their piece of the pie. Bernie had many of the right ideas but the Dem party establishment cheated him out of the nomination. In some fairness to the Dem party, the country wasn't ready yet because the people still imagine a commie under every bed.

• Thoth101 likes this

#49 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Voila! A choice between Trump and Biden is just a choice to continue the failed American way of cheating the people out of their piece of the pie. Bernie had many of the right ideas but the Dem party establishment cheated him out of the nomination. In some fairness to the Dem party, the country wasn't ready yet because the people still imagine a commie under every bed.

Trump 74 years old, Biden 77 years old. Will either of them reach the end of the next Presidency or even next election? They are both in the Covid-19 high risk category. Trump appears to think Covid 19 is not an issue, I wonder if he thinks the same when he gets it during his campaign?

#50 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:37 PM

The MSM is just expressing the thoughts and feelings of the people. I have to reject the 'fake news' idea because when Americans are asked to elaborate on what it is, there is no response. Do you know yourself?

I agree that America's justice system is rigged, but I don't agree on the connection to America's huge income inequality problem. That's the rigged American way of greedy capitalism while the world's leading capitalist countries are practicing 'socially' responsible capitalism and leaving Americans behind in poverty.

https://dailyhive.co...ality-life-2019

America has fallen to 17th. and China already follows closely at 20th.

This has a lot to do with the reason why Americans accepted Trump in desperation, but Trump lied about fixing the problem.

America's racism problem is much too evident to be hidden or denied.  

All of MSM is owned by 5 corporations. I would say it is the other way around where the MSM injects thoughts into people's heads. In other words propaganda. For just one simple example is Marijuana. For years mainstream was putting out all kinds of propaganda about it. Not to mention in the MSM there is barely any real journalist anymore. They are just teleprompter readers which comes down from the main head pushing the stories the controllers want to be pushed that day. 

Though to put in a little bit of your perspective death and drama does sell. There are many variations of fake news. It really can be used for any kind of news. True to the word though fake news is propaganda or anything without any verifiable facts and eye witnesses. For instance Big Pharma pays for most of the advertising on the MSM. So Big Pharma can push any kind of propaganda they want since they are paying the bills and MSM won't call them out on it. It can be said Big Pharma are pushers of fake news because they can just say what they want without a debate.

In short global corporate media protect the interests of the one per cent by serving as a propaganda machine for the superclass. They provide entertainment for the masses and distort the realities of inequality. Corporate news is managed by the one per cent to maintain illusions.

Well I am not sure if you ever lived in America but like I said I have worked with all colors and I never had any problems. I think it is an illusion because of the MSM pushing that their is a race problem. They can push any illusion they want to you. There is a big problem though of black on black crimes'. That is a big problem and they kill each other every day especially in the inner cities. But the MSM won't tell you about the real problems at hand.

#51 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

I am glad we could agree. Well Bernie kind of stabbed himself in the back when he backed Hillary after he didn't get the nomination. Bernie might have been a little to socialist also to get a lot of Americans votes not to mention his age and how long he has been in. When he was pushing free college for everyone people kind of realized nothing is free and they would have to pay for it through taxation anyway and the taxes we have here already are astronomical. There is big government and we have BIG GOVERNMENT.

If anything people want less government and less taxes. That is part of the problem with the police. We also have to many laws they have to enforce. Which is why the so called free America has the highest prison population in the world. They say almost every citizen breaks about 5 laws a day because there is a law for just about everything.