75 replies to this topic

#69 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1289 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

Yes, there is a planck length cubed, but you can't obtain relavant symmetries to call a 2-d theory as one which satisfies the 3-d case. It really is as simple as that. 2-d is an oversimplification.

Well I agree with that because you are missing all the data from the 3rd dimension if you use a 2-D. There is no 2-D manifold that can contain all the information exactly of a 3-D space.

Webp-net-resizeimage-13.png

But even if that is the case you are still missing the information inside the 3-D shape when you take it 2-D.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 01 July 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#70 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

2-d encodes a simpification, but 2-d is encoded in a 3-dimenisonal world. So 2-d is not enough to preserve the symmetries of the Poincare group of pseudo-forces. Nor is the removal of torsion from Einstein's equations enough. Poincare symmetries must be preserved.

#71 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

Why not try a N dimensional black hole with collapsed dimensions forming a singularity, connecting other none collapsed dimensions via a singularity, like a membrane.

You could have a volume in space time connected to another volume in space time via the N dimensional black hole singularity.

Popolawskis 5 d black holes and holographic principle might not be aq million miles apart, all things may be connected like what verlinde says

etc 

Edited by Flummoxed, 03 July 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#72 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

No, because:

1. A black hole is not two dimensional, it has an interior meaning it has a density which must include a three dimensional model

2. There are no such things as infinities, which is just a ad hoc way to introduce singularities - I don't say these things for no reason, no infinity can be observed and there is quantum mechanics which forbids it anyway - you cannot squeeze a wavelength of a system into a space smaller than it is capable of, which prevents such things from happening.

3. Infinity is not even a number - this has been well-known by a number of physicists and mathematicians for a long time, it is only a imaginary concept.

#73 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

No, because:

1. A black hole is not two dimensional, it has an interior meaning it has a density which must include a three dimensional model

2. There are no such things as infinities, which is just a ad hoc way to introduce singularities - I don't say these things for no reason, no infinity can be observed and there is quantum mechanics which forbids it anyway - you cannot squeeze a wavelength of a system into a space smaller than it is capable of, which prevents such things from happening.

3. Infinity is not even a number - this has been well-known by a number of physicists and mathematicians for a long time, it is only a imaginary concept.

you misunderstand me.

Never attainable thing = an infinite thing, I know infinity is not a value, as I know you must know? :)

The political view is all view points are correct to certain extent. They are just different ways of looking at a problem.

The insides of a blackhole existing inside our space time have dimensions which contract to a singularity mathematically, ie space and time theoretically according to some models do not exist inside a BH. I stated a volume connected to another volume which does not indicate 2 dimensional. The Holographic principle connects 2 regions in space, simplistically represented as a 2 dimensional sheet folded over. This can equally be viewed as a wormhole as you might according to theory find in a black hole. Emergent gravity uses both 2 dimensional and three d modes

#74 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

you misunderstand me.

Never attainable thing = an infinite thing, I know infinity is not a value, as I know you must know? :)

The political view is all view points are correct to certain extent. They are just different ways of looking at a problem.

The insides of a blackhole existing inside our space time have dimensions which contract to a singularity mathematically, ie space and time theoretically according to some models do not exist inside a BH. I stated a volume connected to another volume which does not indicate 2 dimensional. The Holographic principle connects 2 regions in space, simplistically represented as a 2 dimensional sheet folded over. This can equally be viewed as a wormhole as you might according to theory find in a black hole. Emergent gravity uses both 2 dimensional and three d modes

And yet, wormholes have not been proven real, the only example in the real world is a magnetic wormhole and as have explained before, the magnetic force is a pseudoforce (or explainable) as a frame of reference movement. 

#75 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1289 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

And I would dare to say that even those models of 2-D space for wormholes are too simple to actually show the inner workings of an actual wormhole which requires you take in account things like particle position,Spin and other properties and without such properties there would be no wormhole, a folded sheet hardly does justice to wormholes. A folded sheet to wormholes is analogous to saying that your house is just hallways.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 03 July 2019 - 11:50 AM.

#76 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:24 AM

And yet, wormholes have not been proven real, the only example in the real world is a magnetic wormhole and as have explained before, the magnetic force is a pseudoforce (or explainable) as a frame of reference movement. 

I should have said geometry instead of politics.