Science Forums

If I Have Knowledge For Chinese Only For Writing Section,then..?

inverse

...then will I have a real benefit? assume please I will know writing and reading very well ,but no listening and no speaking.

Do you think that I would have a good benefit in this way?

it is simple to make some predictions for what  good writing and good reading are. because it is known that if you learn 2000 characters ,then you will understand a daily newspaper published  in china. 

• 6 months later...

...then will I have a real benefit? assume please I will know writing and reading very well ,but no listening and no speaking.

Of course there will be a "benefit" to you.  You would know and understand the language, even if you couldn't speak it.  Words are just symbols like the written characters are.  

As I understand Chinese (which I don't), the written symbols actually give you much more insight into the language than do the oral symbols of spoken language.

Now, would that be of any "practical" benefit?  No, not if you never had any occasion to read, or want to read, Chinese.  But, otherwise...

Edited by Moronium