Science Forums

Awkward Dates

wiseshopper

A friend of mine had a very awkward (funny to me) date yesterday. While she was out having lunch with her date, they ran into the guy's mom. She seemed to really like my friend because she started talking about weddings and babies. Haha. I thought it was hilarious though.

What awkward date stories do you guys have?

A friend of mine had a very awkward (funny to me) date yesterday. While she was out having lunch with her date, they ran into the guy's mom. She seemed to really like my friend because she started talking about weddings and babies. Haha. I thought it was hilarious though.

What awkward date stories do you guys have?

What a loser, no one should ever bring their mom near a date, that is like instant "Friend Zoned" , If my mom ever came to a date, I would just never talk to the girl again because I know that she would ruin any chances I had with a relationship that was not "Friend Zone" with that girl. The Anti-pussy magnet parents, do you want to have no chance of EVER having a girlfriend ever bring your parents to dates or have them show up at all at a date.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Maybe that guy has some mommy issues. I'm not really sure. But in some places, going on a date with some family members like a group date is a norm. What do you think about that? Is that too much especially if you want something serious to develop with your date?

In some cultures, having the girl's mother ( or other chaperone) along is required and expected.  Sounds like cold water on the relationship but maybe it works. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I agree. It is okay to have one date and bring a friend or a family member. But, if it happens every single date then it is not worth it to pursue the relationship because there is no way you can be intimate with someone without having that alone time together without having to think of ausopen.club people. 

Agree.

Edited by jurgen

I think that if this were the big bang theory, VMedvil would be Howard Wolowitz, Exchemist would be Leonard Hofstadter, Dubbelosix would be Sheldon, Buffy would be Penny, Hazelm would be Raj, Ocean Breeze would be Barry Kripke, & i suppose i would be the petty functionary with a clipboard *****!

Ya the only difference is, if I where Wolowitz I would have a pretty blonde microbiologist that I was married to which I don't see happening. I view myself more as L from death note.

Edited by VictorMedvil