Science Forums

The Post Whatever Thread

serenesam

How come there aren't more green animals? Natural selection chooses colour and marking based on camouflage. There's green everywhere in nature! How many green animals are they? A few reptiles, birds, etc. Why no green mammals?

Tree Sloths grow green algae on their specially grooved hair to camouflage them among the leaves as well as provide nutrients.  While the green isn't inherent, the hair is and so naturally selected.

Green eyes also occur in mammals, though I wouldn't argue this is for concealment. Perhaps being a green mammal does not bestow any significant survivabilty or sex appeal.

• 6 months later...
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov, an INTJ.

Isaac Asimov is correct about that for this is why people who live on the internet become intellectually inclined and more evolved in my honest opinion. Is there a deterministic reason as to why it only takes a White person to say that? You see, unlike the authoritarian state of China where many websites are blocked and people may be discouraged from spending too much time on the internet, this is why certain groups of people will never measure up to other groups of people. For example, the banning of George Orwell’s book in China should hint at the N/S dichotomy in terms of MBTI because it’s highly probable that George Orwell was an INXX and I like to see INXXs as the four great philosophers and/or thinkers. This is why I literally want to burst out laughing when some people in the MBTI community would type the country of China as ENTJ when it’s really ESTJ. ENTJ is a better fit for the United States and it’s kind of sad because I would have loved to type the United States as INTJ if it wasn’t for the more interventionist attitude and war-like behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov, an INTJ.

Isaac Asimov is correct about that for this is why people who live on the internet become intellectually inclined and more evolved in my honest opinion. Is there a deterministic reason as to why it only takes a White person to say that? You see, unlike the authoritarian state of China where many websites are blocked and people may be discouraged from spending too much time on the internet, this is why certain groups of people will never measure up to other groups of people. For example, the banning of George Orwell’s book in China should hint at the N/S dichotomy in terms of MBTI because it’s highly probable that George Orwell was an INXX and I like to see INXXs as the four great philosophers and/or thinkers. This is why I literally want to burst out laughing when some people in the MBTI community would type the country of China as ENTJ when it’s really ESTJ. ENTJ is a better fit for the United States and it’s kind of sad because I would have loved to type the United States as INTJ if it wasn’t for best garage lightinginterventionist attitude and war-like behavior.

Agree.

Edited by zabitzer

How come there aren't more green animals? Natural selection chooses colour and marking based on camouflage. There's green everywhere in nature! How many green animals are they? A few reptiles, birds, etc. Why no green mammals?

What do predators see best?

My objective is to see what color dogs are most attracted to. The dogs went to thepurple 10%, the blue 15%, the yellow 5%, the red 30%, and the green 40%. My hypothesis is correct and incorrect. I think that my hypothesis is incorrect because the dogs did not go to the yellow the most they went to it the least.

• 4 weeks later...

What do predators see best?

My objective is to see what color dogs are most attracted to. The dogs went to thepurple 10%, the blue 15%, the yellow 5%, the red 30%, and the green 40%. My hypothesis is correct and incorrect. I think that my hypothesis is incorrect because the dogs did not go to the yellow the most they went to it the least.

Oh.

• 5 months later...