Photo
- - - - -

What's Up With Gravity And Spacetime Curvature?

general relativity.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#103 ralfcis

ralfcis

Explaining

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

I know I can't reach you but maybe someone else will find me insightful. but part of me really hopes when I do start my serious attack on relativity, you won't be participating?

#104 Moronium

Moronium

Creating

• Members
  • 2894 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:42 PM

.... part of me really hopes when I do start my serious attack on relativity, you won't be participating?

I can certainly understand your hopes, and your reasons for them.

But, sorry, chances are I will be participating.

Edited by Moronium, 03 February 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#105 ralfcis

ralfcis

Explaining

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

My reasons are I always get shut down before I get my answers because I get sidetracked responding to non-answers. I may be against the theory of relativity but I totally agree with the facts of relativity which you do not. Plus I'm totally open to be convinced of the theory if all the contradictions can be explained away.

#106 Moronium

Moronium

Creating

• Members
  • 2894 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

My reasons are I always get shut down before I get my answers because I get sidetracked responding to non-answers. I may be against the theory of relativity but I totally agree with the facts of relativity which you do not. Plus I'm totally open to be convinced of the theory if all the contradictions can be explained away.

What exactly are "the facts of relativity," as you see it, eh, Ralf?

I see SR as a hypothetical theory which does not, as such, establish any facts.  As a theory, it just serves to "explain" facts external to it to a better or worse degree.

Edited by Moronium, 03 February 2019 - 09:23 PM.

#107 marcospolo

marcospolo

Understanding

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

What exactly are "the facts of relativity," as you see it, eh, Ralf?

I see SR as a hypothetical theory which does not, as such, establish any facts.  As a theory, it just serves to "explain" facts external to it to a better or worse degree.

Moronium, just sneaking in a related point, that of your insistence that the Lorentz transform is a valid principal in Physics.

Just found this article that offers a reward to anyone who can disprove the claim that the Lorentz transform violates the well known Conservation of momentum theory.

See https://sites.google.../home/challenge

Pick up the cash and silence critics of Lorentz such as myself, in one blow!

Surely its a golden opportunity for you!

I'll wait patiently.

#108 Hamster

Hamster

Curious

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:45 AM

Practical use is the best proof of any theory. Creating anti-gravity using the theory of relativity will end all controversies. Do it! :)

#109 marcospolo

marcospolo

Understanding

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:23 AM

Practical use is the best proof of any theory. Creating anti-gravity using the theory of relativity will end all controversies. Do it! :)

Great, you get the box of Spacetime, and Ill get out the bender robot.

• Hamster likes this