Photo

We Begin To Develop Nervegear!

VirtualReality VR Development SwordArtOnline NerveGear FullDive Mechatronics Business Company Team

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#35 Romer

Romer

Curious

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

According to our current technology, we cant just plug a helmet into a PC in order to connect the virtual world and move the body there. But i think for the least we can make a station where all signal gather before individual connect can be done. Yes, it sound confusing. But we can only start from basic way. I believe that had been assumed but in another form that we simply cannot imagine of. Like ealier the brain computer i said that are a bit have connection to this.

Did i still sound confusing?

Edited by Romer, 01 April 2017 - 11:55 PM.

#36 BrainJackers

BrainJackers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Our current technology most certainly is not enough to make a fully imersive BCI, but we are getting closer every day.

Unfortunately, I don't understand what you mean by station or by 'individual connect'. Do you mean gathering the signals from different parts of the brain to one place before sending it off to the computer?

You may find these links useful to your understanding of how much humans are closer to a fully immersive BCI: 

This link shows how DARPA artificially stimulated the brain using electrodes to create a sense of touch:

http://www.darpa.mil...ents/2016-10-13

Monkeys drive wheelchairs just by thinking:

http://www.popsci.co...y-monkeys-brain

This article explains how Sleep Paralysis works, and also might make clear how artificially creating Sleep Paralysis might be possible, to stop the real body moving while in the game: https://www.utoronto...paralysis-works

--@weamy

#37 Romer

Romer

Curious

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:20 AM

I might sound unlogic on the 'individual connect' and the 'gatheringa all signal' but i guess i should explain this.

By 'individual connect' i mean directly connect to the computer by using a device that could directly transfer your brain message to the game without passing by any server gate(something like a check point before enter)

By gathering all signal i mean we have to...Might sound weird and unlogic, but remember before we do something like looking at an apple, our brain will trasmit an image to the brain and then we know it is an apple then our brain will transmit signal to the arm and then we pick it up. What if we pack all these stimuli together like a program all send it to a specialize station(a station to convert the stimuli into action)?

#38 quickquestion

quickquestion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Don't know about anybody else, but I do not want tiny nano-machines burrowing into my brain.

I hate this world, so I have a vested interest in a virtual reality simulation. But the nano-machines are a real bugger to me. I just don't trust it, especially at the hands of some corporation or government entity.

But on the other hand, it seems as no other alternative for realistic VR, than to interface with the neurons themselves, to connect to Consciousness directly.

#39 BrainJackers

BrainJackers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

@Romer

I see what you mean by individual connect now. You mean 'connection', right?

In your apple analogy, only 1 of those things was actually a stimuli - seeing the apple.

A BCI only has to send an image to the brain by stimulating the correct parts of the brain, and to 'read' the brain so it knows what it wants to do (i.e. pick up the apple.)

You can't pack all these signals together as they have to take place in a certain order and they happen in different places. This is what would happen when looking at an apple and then deciding to pick it up in a BCI VR.

1. Seeing the apple - The BCI stimulates a part of the brain in a certain pattern to make it 'see' an image of an apple.
  2. Recognising the apple - The brain sends many signals from different parts of itself including the memory region to understand what it is 'seeing'. This requires no activity from the BCI.
  3. Picking the apple up - The brain sends a signal to its muscle to pick it up. This is blocked by the BCI (to stop movement in Real Life). The BCI then 'reads' and translates the signal so it knows what the user wants to do. The BCI will then tell the game to make the avatar move the apple.

As you see, these signals cannot be packed and sent together as one signal cannot happen untill another one has been recieved. And these signals are going in different directions.

--@weamy

Edited by BrainJackers, 17 April 2017 - 09:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VirtualReality, VR, Development, SwordArtOnline, NerveGear, FullDive, Mechatronics, Business, Company, Team